How do I create merged patches in FNVEdit?

Yeah, it's very easy. It just involves a lot of mad clicking for bigger mods, or merging multiple mods. (I have a single mod with more than 4 misc. clothing mods infused in it xD)

• 3 months later...

I know this seems a little rude but i'm a total noob in the modding business, could someone look into my load order and tell me if i did something wrong ?

I can start the game and i can also load a savegame, but it doesnt stay so for even 90 seconds. I stopped it, after about 01:20 the game crashes with an error message that the exe has stopped working.

Here's my load order:

FalloutNV.esm

ClassicPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

RH_IRONSIGHTS_NV.esm

FOOK - New Vegas.esm

FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm

Advanced Recon Tech.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

aHUD.esm

iHUD.esm

DarNifiedUINV.esp

xCALIBRuniverse_ImpulsePurchasePack.esp

CASM.esp

RH_IronSights_NV_Vanilla.esp

FOOK - New Vegas.esp

FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp

WeaponModsExpanded.esp

WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp

WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp

WMX-DeadMoney.esp

WMX-HonestHearts.esp

WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp

WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp

WMX-FOOKNV CP.esp

WMX-FOOKNV-DLCs CP.esp

WMR_WMX_R.esp

WMX-ModernWeapons.esp

EVE FNV.esp

WMX-EVE.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp

Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp

Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp

Project Nevada - FOOK Compatability.esp

Project Nevada - WMX.esp

Project Nevada - EVE.esp

AG Supplementary Uniques.esp

AG Supplementary Uniques-Dead Money.esp

AG Supplementary Uniques-Honest Hearts.esp

Advanced Recon Tech.esp

Advanced Recon Gear.esp

Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp

Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp

Advanced Recon Armor.esp

Advanced Recon Armor-Location Doc Mitchell.esp

GRA Overhaul - WMX or WME.esp

Moddable Unique Weps.esp

lucky_bastard_rifle_v3.esp

Cheeco88'sUniqueWeapons.esp

History.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp

Faster Runing.esp

Muaha.esp

Metal Squeezer.esp

assassinlife.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

Hold Out Weapons Expanded.esp

RCWMod.esp

exoArmorPerks.esp

Mod Loot - 3. A Bit Common.esp

Quick Trade.esp

Maybe someone can even tell me how i can make a merged patch for this particular load order or at least tell me whats causing this "90-seconds-crash".

I also have the HiRes Texture Pack from 4Aces on moddb

http://www.moddb.com/mods/4aces-fnv-hires

should i try reinstalling without the hires-texture pack ?

Edited by Battousai124

• 2 years later...

Bump, in case anyone needed my old guide to merge mods in FNVEdit. I've received a couple PMs about the guide over the years, thought it was lost for good. Unfortunately I haven't modded Fallout New Vegas heavily in years, so I doubt I can assist further.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Im using version 3.0.32 and when I load my mods and hit a conflict and right click i dont get any options. I have no blank space and when I try to right click in a blank area is selects the nearest mod and doesnt give the option to create3 a merge patch. On top of theta because the loader couldnt load all of the mods because of the first error (error code 2) when i try to load the game anyway is says that i am missing a master file and it crashes. WTF?

Im using version 3.0.32 and when I load my mods and hit a conflict and right click i dont get any options. I have no blank space and when I try to right click in a blank area is selects the nearest mod and doesnt give the option to create3 a merge patch. On top of theta because the loader couldnt load all of the mods because of the first error (error code 2) when i try to load the game anyway is says that i am missing a master file and it crashes. WTF?

• 2 years later...

Have to be careful about the terminology here.

With a "merged plugin" file consisting of several non-conflicting plugins, the number is unlimited within the overall plugin cap of roughly 140 active plugins. See the wiki article "Merged Plugin Guidelines for Personal Use" for more guidance.

With a "merged patch" file, which consists of a single plugin that resolves record level conflicts among multiple plugins: only one. You can however, use Wrye Flash to create an automated "bash patch" file, and follow it with a single "override patch" file (similar to a "merge patch") which provides overrides of specific "bash patch" winners. You need to choose only one of either a "bash patch" or "merge patch" file as they serve the same purpose. A "merged patch" file shouldn't need an "override patch" file, as both are manually created to provide preferred winners.

Note that when merging patches for a specific master file into that master file (which requires the "merging up" technique given in the 'xEdit' manual) the result is sort of a hybrid: a "merged patch" that results in a single plugin that is non-conflicting with any other plugins and can then be used in a "merge plugin" with other non-conflicting plugins.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent