Wasn't Dead Money a horrible DLC?

nukafish

You can't go back, and I left all those gold bars thinking you could come back, I did like that I was somehow able to obtain two of Father Elijah's robes, and did you know he was also mentioned before the DLC came out? :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't go back, and I left all those gold bars thinking you could come back, I did like that I was somehow able to obtain two of Father Elijah's robes, and did you know he was also mentioned before the DLC came out? :)

It is a Super Hard DLC for sure. lol

I have never even attempted to play it on Hardcore, I don't think there is enough food to keep you alive.

I am sure there is a method to play it that way, but I have not attempted it.

I Really Liked Christine, and I have went and played back through a couple of times now because of her, and I am sure I will again.

I never got the gold bars either, it is hard enough just getting out of the place. lol

It is a Super Hard DLC for sure. lol

I have never even attempted to play it on Hardcore, I don't think there is enough food to keep you alive.

I am sure there is a method to play it that way, but I have not attempted it.

I Really Liked Christine, and I have went and played back through a couple of times now because of her, and I am sure I will again.

I never got the gold bars either, it is hard enough just getting out of the place. lol

I did want to try it on Hardcore, it'd probably be intense, I preordered my Fallout from Gamestop though, so I can work around the drinking part with my canteen, it kind of made me disappointed though, what if you missed things like clothing, notes, weapons, or weapon mods? Luckily I got all mine, but if you make the slighest mistake, you miss out. I like the twist that played out on Christine, I knew something was up when she couldn't speak. I hope they do some DLC to go back or an update!

Finally some DM love on the boards! I've played it 5 times and still enjoy it, though it's lost some of it's intensity (okay, I cheated a bit on #5 and had WIllow smuggle me in a sniper rifle. WIllow works great in DM, btw, though if the hologram security is after you, she'll try to fight it out with them.) The first time was super intense and it didn't lose that much on 2 and even 3, and even the 4th time to a large degree. The storyline is awesome, and the character development is amazing. Christine is such a tragic figure. Though I suppose all the NPCs are. In fact, even Vera and Sinclair are quite emotion-generating, and they didn't even make an appearance ('cept for Vera's hologram in the suites I gues).

I liked Honest Hearts ok but I only played that twice before it started to wear thin a bit. Be interesting to see how OWB stands up to repeat plays. (I really liked it the first time.)

I didn't like dead money much. I hate horror type games (I know I'm a big wimp) so whenever the Ghost people would sneak up on me I would jump out of my chair. >__<

The hologram rifle is pretty cool though and I love how OWB and Dead Money are intertwined story line wise.

Finally some DM love on the boards! I've played it 5 times and still enjoy it, though it's lost some of it's intensity (okay, I cheated a bit on #5 and had WIllow smuggle me in a sniper rifle. WIllow works great in DM, btw, though if the hologram security is after you, she'll try to fight it out with them.) The first time was super intense and it didn't lose that much on 2 and even 3, and even the 4th time to a large degree. The storyline is awesome, and the character development is amazing. Christine is such a tragic figure. Though I suppose all the NPCs are. In fact, even Vera and Sinclair are quite emotion-generating, and they didn't even make an appearance ('cept for Vera's hologram in the suites I gues).

I liked Honest Hearts ok but I only played that twice before it started to wear thin a bit. Be interesting to see how OWB stands up to repeat plays. (I really liked it the first time.)

I never take Willow with me on DLCs, well, I have taken her to Zion, and I might take her to the Big Empty, Honest Hearts wore thin, every socialite is gone! Also, expect a DLC where you fight the mysterious courier mentioned a couple times through the DLCs and main game!

I didn't like dead money much. I hate horror type games (I know I'm a big wimp) so whenever the Ghost people would sneak up on me I would jump out of my chair. >__<

The hologram rifle is pretty cool though and I love how OWB and Dead Money are intertwined story line wise.

They were really creepy, I ran a lot towards the end because there were too many of them!

• 2 weeks later...
I like DM until it becomes a platform game, i.e. the Vault level. It stopped being fun at that point. I felt like playing Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade on my console back in the 90s and to quote Roger Murtaugh's line: "I'm too old for this..."

• 2 weeks later...

I've just played through Dead Money's DLC on Hardcore mode.

I died.. Lots. Personally, I thought too much time was spent on finding some damn keys, and it got to a point where the final part was bugging (Entering the Vault with all the expensive stuff!)

I mean, the first set of monsters were ridiculous if you don't have the big guy running around with you, and he's got enough health just to keep the monsters focused on it.

It becomes easier when you get hold of a Knife Spear, dismemberment on the otherwise "Unkillable" monsters in there

I like how this DLC made you read stuff, otherwise "GAME OVER!"