Wasn't Dead Money a horrible DLC?

nukafish

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a good DLC should have enough variety to keep you interested, hard enough to give you a challenge, but not so hard that you wish you weren't playing it. So Dead money fails on all those counts. What's worse, you can't get out until you finish it, and once you're out you can't go back! Worse still, in vanilla, such as X-Box, you can never go back to collect what you couldn't carry, and you never see Christine again, you just hear her voice in an endless loop.

Fortunately, there are mods for going back there, and for making Christine a companion, so it's not quite as bad when you're playing it on a PC. Most of the gameplay in Dead Money sucks, though. What a waste of money.

TC

I think a good DLC should have enough variety to keep you interested, hard enough to give you a challenge, but not so hard that you wish you weren't playing it. So Dead money fails on all those counts. What's worse, you can't get out until you finish it, and once you're out you can't go back! Worse still, in vanilla, such as X-Box, you can never go back to collect what you couldn't carry, and you never see Christine again, you just hear her voice in an endless loop.

Fortunately, there are mods for going back there, and for making Christine a companion, so it's not quite as bad when you're playing it on a PC. Most of the gameplay in Dead Money sucks, though. What a waste of money.

TC

How can the DLC be so hard it's frustrating, yet not hard enough to give you a challenge. I think that is a contradiction.

I liked Dead Money, but mainly for its story. I really hated being confined in small area's running into the same enemies over and over again, just got boring. But the story line was pretty good in my opinion, and I liked how you actually had to read some things otherwise you'd get trapped in the vault (which I did the first time I played it).