My Fallout New Vegas Mods Wont Work

sgtpepper901

I really need help. First I am going to say I downloaded other people's mods and they work fine. I made my own mod in GECK. Saved the mod file and everything. It shows up in my data files when I go to boot Fallout, it just wont show in game. Anyone help please?

uhm it doesn't only "show" in data files, but you also checked to select it, i assume?

and make sure you have the most recent version of the geck. not all geck versions work for all game versions (e.g. you won't see anything of a geck 1.2-mod in fnv 1.3 or greater)

I really need help. First I am going to say I downloaded other people's mods and they work fine. I made my own mod in GECK. Saved the mod file and everything. It shows up in my data files when I go to boot Fallout, it just wont show in game. Anyone help please?

uhm it doesn't only "show" in data files, but you also checked to select it, i assume?

and make sure you have the most recent version of the geck. not all geck versions work for all game versions (e.g. you won't see anything of a geck 1.2-mod in fnv 1.3 or greater)

Ok, yes i have it checked and i have GECK 1.4, but how do i check my version of Fallout? Maybe that could be the problem :/

What does your mod do and where is it on your load order? What other mods are you using?

I made two mods, 1 adds a nuka cola machine to my suite and the other is my own mod of the MIRV. I also have bottled water(not working or im not using it right), freeplay after ending, and realistic headshots.

• 4 months later...
can someone help i cant seam to make any mod work i put the mods on the fallout newvegas manager. it say succesfully installed but wen i try to play the game crashes wen i start the launcher. i take out all mods and the game works again. so can someone help me i want to add a few face and cloth mods.