Porject nevada and NVSE error

Konkrypt

I am trying to get Project Nevada working, after a few tries I figured it out and installed it(on the Mod Manager). The page I got the file from says I need the NVSE, I followed the link and downloaded it, and put it on the way it said. But when I play it says, "Project Nevada could not detect the New Vegas Script Extender(NVSE), which is required for correct operation". I am wondering if it could b that I need the older version of it, or if something is off altogether. Sorry if this is not quite the right place to put this.

EDIT: Sorry for the misspelled title.

Edited by Konkrypt

Did you drop the NVSE loader + the .dll files that came with it in your Fallout: New Vegas directory?

This is usually located in your Program Files folder, under: Steam\SteamApps\Common\Fallout New Vegas\

Do so if you haven't already. It needs to be there to work. Test it out again and let me know how it goes.

Yeah it's all there, but I notice that the .dll files don't "work" or have a program to run them, could that be the issue? If so how can I get them to work. I am brand new to New Vegas modding if you can't tell haha. Edited by Konkrypt

You don't need to do anything with the .dll files.

Just make sure that:

• The nvse_loader.exe and 3 of the .dll files are on the main directory(and not in the Data folder).

• You have the latest version of NVSE. Get it from: http://nvse.silverlock.org/

• Your copy of New Vegas is updated to the latest version(1.4.0.525).

Other than that, try running NVSE with administrator rights(right-click>run as administrator).

Also, if you're playing the German no-gore version of NV, it is not compatible with NVSE.

Ah, I found my mistake. When I put the NVSE where it needs to go, I put it in a folder where it needs to go. I took it out of the folder and it worked just fine. Thank you for your help, but ultimately it was my sulfa for not noticing that. Edited by Konkrypt