First Console Game Machine

WilliamSea

I may be aging myself here, but my first console game machine was an Atari 2600. One of my favorite games was 'Adventure'. And just about all the 'Activision' games! :P

I am talking about the 'original' release, not the 'retro remake' of the console. This was state of the art, when the only other game machine was 'Pong'. :huh:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto on the 2600. I loved the crap out of my old Atari. My favorite game overall on it was probably Frostbite, which had some of the best graphics the machine was capable of at its time. That game was brilliant. I also liked Dolphin, Megamania, and Haunted House a lot.

My favorite game on any of the older consoles though was Nightstalker on Intellivision. Of any of the older games, it is probably the most intense game I can remember. It's still fun. And it's still hard as hell.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The first console that i really played was the N64. Got it for Christmas. Came with the Donkey Kong 64 game. Those were the good times. That game Mario 64, Cruisin world, DiddyKong racing and Super smash Bros owned. Though my favorite has to be the NES. Mario and all the great arcade style games ruled

• 1 month later...

My first console was an Intellivision(!), and my first computer was a Spectravideo. Instead of keys, it had rubber buttons (like a cheap calculator)- and the (detachable) joystick was part of the keyboard!!! It's hard to describe the plastic wonderfulness of my Spectravideo SV318 - but I always wished for the SV328, because it had standard raised keys made of plastic - not rubber!

A person's childhood should never contain the sentence "Well, I suppose it's not too bad. I mean, If I had a ZX81..."*

My favourite joystick to this day is the Atari 2600 single-button - I broke three of them playing Street Fighter II on the Amiga!

Drazur says: LAST NINJA MOVIE - DO IT, DO IT NOW!

Hey, do kids still have fistfights over 'their' console's superiority?

* For anyone under 30 - the Spectrum ZX81 didn't even have keys. Pure touchpad action, all the way. It was like using a microwave keypad with both hands!

@ Drazur: Yes, kids STILL fight over who's machine is better. Especially if owns Xbox 360/PS3/Wii, and the other owns whatever else the other one doesn't own. I think it's called "fanboyism" :rolleyes:

My first system was a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES, or simply 'Nintendo'), with the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt game pak, two controllers and the Zapper. I still have it, although I don't think it works :unsure:

My first system was the Atari. I can remember playing Tanks with my babysitter and kicking her sexy ass. I was too young to realize she was sexy 25 years ago, she was just a girl and therefor had to suffer my supreme tank battle skills.

• 4 weeks later...

Well let's see... my brother (8 yrs older than i) gave me his Atari 2600 when I was 4. My neighbors had the 7600?, a superior machine and I was jelous.

Though my father (from his work) got a promotional Atari 800XL computer system and I must say that fully owned anything at the time. Disk games and cartrige games. It was really my first introduction to PCs other than our IBM PC Junior :P wich my father game me around the same time with tackle football and king's quest (yes the original).

so I had all at the same time, three 'systems', though the IBM might not count.

• 2 weeks later...