First Console Game Machine

WilliamSea

I didn't do consoles really until Dreamcast came out. But my first was a Nintendo 64. Now I am very fluent in languages of console AND computer.
I still have my N64, albeit the controllers are all buggered beyond repair :rolleyes: I've been loyal to Nintendo since their first home console (the NES :happy: , which I still happen to have as well), but I have to say the SNES is the best system by far. Still, I prefer my 360 these days.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be aging myself here, but my first console game machine was an Atari 2600. One of my favorite games was 'Adventure'. And just about all the 'Activision' games! :P

I am talking about the 'original' release, not the 'retro remake' of the console. This was state of the art, when the only other game machine was 'Pong'. :huh:

Oh yea man I know what you're talking about. Did you ever find the invisable dot & read the creators name in Adventure?

I had a Magnavox Odyssey2 that had a keyboard & some games came with overlays to put on top of it.

Later I won an Atari 2600 at McDonalds in thier Astroids scratch off game.

That was a big HOOT for a little kid.

When I was growing up...I had to spend a lot of time in the Childrens Shrine Hospital in St Louis Missouri.

If it had not been for people donating to the hospital.. Atari, NES and full arcade machines..I think I would had gone mad.

when I get a new job....I am planning on donating current games and consoles to the hospital.

They say video games are bad..because it limits outside exercise. However, when you are in a body cast...they are the only thing to get the blood pumping. It also turned into a social event when we played. Metroid was the fav on the NES...I memorized the whole map...so I was always needed when someone played LOL

Most of the children in the hospital were too poor to own one at home...so they appreciated it more than I did.

Many don't know what the Shrine is....this will help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shriners

So...if you are not short money...consider those children hospitals that might need machines. You could be giving a kid, like I was, the chance to play.

• 3 months later...

my first console was the orginal gameboy in 1989 which i bought myself

followed by the nes in 1990 the megadrive\genesis in 1991 and that stayed for 5 years that way untill 1996 which was the year of the snes for me

Well, I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but my first Console was the Wii. :pinch:

This is because when I was younger, my parents wouldn't let me get ANYTHING. About a year ago however, I received a Wii for Confirmation, and so I thought, "Hey, I'll take what I can can get!"

Although, I DO have the old classics on it like Super Mario 64 and LoZ: The Ocarina of Time (Great game by the way! :yes:).

• 4 weeks later...
If you don't consider a dedicated Pong type console (no cartridge... a dedicated unit for the one game), then the first console I owned was the original Nintendo. A couple years later I picked up a Sega Genesis... and haven't bought a console since (I prefer PC gaming now).

NES was my first, though I later got a hand-me-down Atari. I agree though, that SNES was probably the best console of the day.