[WIP] Beyond Boulder Dome

rjhelms84

Bumpty, bumpty, bump!

Thought I'd throw up some WIP pics and get some feedback.

GARDEN SHOP - Pretty much done, other than a very minor fix and possibly some notes with a little story from the residents.

http://ypdesign.com/fnv/boulder/garden.htm

TOY STORE - 80% finished with some VERY cool stuff planned.

http://ypdesign.com/fnv/boulder/toys.htm

OFFICE - Top 2 floors 90% cluttered, hopefully I'll get this finished and navmeshed this weekend. I also already have another office building much larger than this one 50% completed, and hope to get back to working on it as soon as I finish this one.

http://ypdesign.com/fnv/boulder/office01.htm

I'd love some suggestions and feedback please!

(RJ, I hope it's OK that I posted these. If not let me know and I'll remove them. The thread needed a bump!)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-snip-

I'm sure Rob won't mind, it's good to see what others are working on!

I think the interiors look spot on, the cluttering is very nice :). My only suggestion would be to replace the Enclave soldier toy (if it is Enclave power armour, can't really see from that angle) with a pre-war suit of power armour instead (The Enclave armour is post-apocalypse, so maybe a suit of T-45d or T-51b instead?).

Anyway, you know you've done excellent interiors when the only gripe is a lore one lol.

-snip-

I'm sure Rob won't mind, it's good to see what others are working on!

I think the interiors look spot on, the cluttering is very nice :). My only suggestion would be to replace the Enclave soldier toy (if it is Enclave power armour, can't really see from that angle) with a pre-war suit of power armour instead (The Enclave armour is post-apocalypse, so maybe a suit of T-45d or T-51b instead?).

Anyway, you know you've done excellent interiors when the only gripe is a lore one lol.

Oh yeah, you're absolutely right. I didn't think about that, lol. That model is a static object and there arent statics of any other power armors, unfortunately. I try to be very accurate in terms of lore so I might have to look for something else to use there. Thanks for the feedback!

Statics aren't too hard to make, let me know if you need some.

That'd be great, if you could make that T-51b toy static for him then, or any other statics! Would save me the work! :cool:

To Mike Hancho - I don't mind at all! If Quetz.. wants to make that toy for you, that'll be fine, just use a prefix for new objects your add in your esp. I use the prefix 'ab', so if you use abM (for mike) or something like that, that'll make it easier for me. Still, if you want brand new items (like those board games) that need brand new models and textures, ask me.

Edited by rjhelms84

Statics aren't too hard to make, let me know if you need some.

That'd be great, if you could make that T-51b toy static for him then, or any other statics! Would save me the work! :cool:

To Mike Hancho - I don't mind at all! If Quetz.. wants to make that toy for you, that'll be fine, just use a prefix for new objects your add in your esp. I use the prefix 'ab', so if you use abM (for mike) or something like that, that'll make it easier for me. Still, if you want brand new items (like those board games) that need brand new models and textures, ask me.

Some T-51b would be sweet! That actually gives me some more ideas, lol. What about if we made a little section in the store that was sort of a youth propaganda area, lol?

BTW, Quetz, I just noticed your sig. Who is that quote from. (after my own heart.) That's very similar to Ben Franklin's "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." My favorite liberty quote is a little more hard core, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson

re- toys:

I will try to come up with some kung fu grip power armor or somesuch.

re- sig:

Rep. Ron Paul, R- Texas

If you can come up with somethinv VERY propaganda-ish that would be awesome. I don't want to say like Hitler Youth propaganda, but like Hitler youth propaganda from the US Govt.

EDIT: I just did a google search Hitler Youth propaganda images and there are a crapload of images to get ideas from.

Ron Paul = Libertarian, Mike Hancho = Libertarian. I <3 Dr. Paul!

The funny thing is that at least half of the "totalitarians" would not disagree wtih any of those quotations. As for the other half, well, I have no idea what they are thinking.

But, on a more serious note, I have access to a very large archive of communist progaganda which could be adapted for use in this mod or whatever you need the propaganda for. And if you want, I can spend some time working on some custom propaganda for the mod, as it seems like it would be an enjoyable thing to do. I am a fairly skilled 2d artist, though I do not actually bother practicing, and I only engage in the activity when there is a greater purpose to it; but when I have a good enough reason to do this stuff, I really enjoy it. My 2d art is not photo-realistic or photographic in any way (though I can get it to that point if I am using a computer and I spend enough time). My 2d art is usually expressive and stylized. I use a lot of lines and movements, and I like to layer my art as though I were drawing on photographs, only my bottom layer is, as I said, not quite photographic (but I wouldn't want it to be). My watercolour paintings are my best work, but I hate painting in watercolour, so do not expect it from me.