Skyrim at EuroGamer Expo

Dark0ne

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible for you if you come across some robe to see if they have some kind of physics?Thank you x) and have fun

I was only able to get a couple of 20 minute play-throughs in, which is a far-cry from the 4 or so hours I got with Oblivion before it was launched, but it was enough for me to tell that Skyrim is really going to be great fun.

Truth be told, I haven't been following the information from Skyrim much. The "will it have an SDK?" question got answered very early on and so long as the game improves on Oblivion I don't care for further details, because I want to experience it myself rather than know the game before I've even played it.

A few things in case it hasn't already been mentioned:

• Magicka now regens pretty fast out of combat, and slowly (but it still does regen) while in combat. This makes magic much more fun and accessible to warrior and stealth classes and magic is less of a chore/bore than before.
  • Similarly your health regens, same principle as the Magicka
  • They've gotten rid of the stupid rag-doll effects that sent your enemies flying into the air when you killed them, more realistic
  • An obvious effort has been made on the animation front. Swimming looks slightly more realistic, as does jumping when in third-person mode
  • Lockpicking is exactly the same
  • Exploring is a little tougher (at least at the start) as there's a lot of vegetation and your view is quite limited. You can still go off and do your own thing from the start, but, like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, there's some obvious places to visit first for newbies
  • Like Oblivion, the environment is not dynamic in nature. You can't set things on fire that would normally burn with your fire spells (so you can't set a wooden cart on fire) but there are a few traps and things that will burn and damage enemies/you (like oil) that will be dynamic. So if you had dreams of freezing puddles of water with your ice spells and burning down log cabins with your fire spells you're probably going to be disappointed.
  • You no longer need to sleep in a bed/rest to level up your skills

Overall Skyrim looks fun. It looks like Bethesda have taken out or modified many elements of Oblivion that were tedious or boring, like finding a place to rest in order to level up or heal up, like the magicka regen so you're not pumping hundreds of potions just to get back to full magicka, and so on. I have faith it's going to be a very, very good game.

You