Skyrim at EuroGamer Expo

Dark0ne

I tried a bit of stealth; it seemed pretty similar to Oblivion's at first glance but I honestly didn't enquire further or want to spend 5 minutes of my 40 skulking around in the dark. Important to note I was playing the XBox 360 version so was out of my depth in some areas.

Combat seems more meaty and more entertaining. Same with magic. Quite enjoyed putting magic in both my hands and walking around like a human flame thrower. The bandits ran at my awesomeness.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried a bit of stealth; it seemed pretty similar to Oblivion's at first glance but I honestly didn't enquire further or want to spend 5 minutes of my 40 skulking around in the dark. Important to note I was playing the XBox 360 version so was out of my depth in some areas.

Combat seems more meaty and more entertaining. Same with magic. Quite enjoyed putting magic in both my hands and walking around like a human flame thrower. The bandits ran at my awesomeness.

thanks for the info!

Regarding regen, your magicka/health regens slowly if you're in a fight and regens fast if you're not in any encounter. Where an encounter is that point when the music changes from normal music to battle music because you've been spotted by an enemy. I cannot actually recall if you regen HP slowly in a fight, but you definitely regen magicka slowly in fights, and you regen HP out of fights.

Regarding the ragdoll effects, I meant that effect when you throw a lightning bolt or hit a monster and they'd go 10 feet in the air and fall back down to earth unrealistically slowly while their whole body flails about in ragdoll style. The ragdoll effect is still there, it just didn't seem as stupid this time.

The same as what?The same as Oblivion, or the same as Fallout 3?

It's been a while since I played either, but after looking it up it's the same as Fallout 3 (IIRC). You have the lockpick and you have to turn the lock, and depending on the angle you have the pick, it will unlock or "giggle" before breaking if you apply too much pressure. Like

Okay, I remember some interviews where the dev said that the lockpicking was like FO3's, but I thought you meant the same as Oblivion, so I was kind of worried there for a moment.

As for the health regen, I remember Gstaff saying on the Bethsoft forums once that it regens only out of combat, and rather slowly.That wasn't too long ago, I think.

Looking forward to a hardcore mod with no hp/mana regen. Sounds too forgiving.

Pfft, if you were a real hardcore gamer you'd want a mod that makes your starting health 0 so you die as soon as you finish the character creation.

Edited by Alcrin