Minecraft Survival Challenge Ideas

lostone1993

I was thinking of Minecraft Survival Challenge I could do and thought it might be fun to list some

Mine will be

-I can only stay above a ground no mining downwards more than 4 blocks

--I may build into the side of cliffs

--I can only go underground if I happen to find a cave

-I must eat at least once a day

-I cannot build massive walls to defend my self

-if I build I must have a cobble stone foundation if the blocks below are gravel or sand

-difficulty must be easy or normal

I might record this if I can scrap together money to buy fraps and a decent headset

Anyone else got some idea to either add to my challenge or ideas for another challenge

A challenge idea I had for awhile...

You can only mine or place blocks which are lit by lava, moonlight, or sunlight. No light means no digging or building.

You can only use natural lights, such as lava or sunlight to light caves or interiors.

You can only use your main inventory for storage of any items or materials. You may use furnaces for smelting, and can keep the finished product inside, but have to take all of it after being retrieved.

If you die before constructing a sanctuary, you have to delete and start again. If you fall into a dark place or have a clear route cut off from your sanctuary, you have to delete and start again, you have to delete the world if you die or get trapped.

Your home/sanctuary must be lit by sunlight only, and cannot use glass to seal it. A sanctuary is allowed one bed, and must consist of smooth stone, either naturally or being placed.

Every 7th day, you are to rest in and near the sanctuary and spend a full 24 game hours without building, mining, fighting, or activating (like doors, furnaces, switches, pressure plates, ect) anything.

For challenges...

Make or establish a sacred grove of trees near the sanctuary which, by definition, cannot be cut down for any reason other than construction of sacred buildings. Add 5 points for every 20 trees. For each tree that burns down, gets blown up, or gets picked apart by endermen, subtract 1 point.

Make or establish a sacred pond near the sanctuary. Keep this area illuminated at all times, using natural sources. Anything which enters this area, hostile or not cannot be killed through a direct action. Add 50 points for completion, subtract 1 for everything you kill in this area.

Build a wooden shrine on the shore of the sacred pond using trees from the sacred grove. Make it look like Notch's head with careful placement of planks or logs. Add 50 points for completion, subtract 10 every time it burns down.

Build a series of multi-floor wooden towers and decorative walls around your sacred grove, shrine, and sanctuary using wood from the grove. 10 points per tower, 100 for complete enclosure.

Build a hat made of diamond and gold blocks on your Notch shrine. Add 100 points for completion, delete the world and start again if the shrine burns down during construction or when lighting the hat.

Build a roadway of TNT atleast 1 block wide leading from your sanctuary to the pond, connecting all the towers. Add 1000 points for completion, subtract 5 for every crater, or death caused when building/gathering materials.

Someone posted a Dwarf challenge on another site I thought was pretty cool. Basically you take enough wood for some torches and a few saplings, and then you stay underground for the rest of your play. You would have to do an underground tree farm, which is where the saplings come in. I did something similar to this on one map, and its actually not a bad way to play the game. I found a random map and very close to the starting point is an expansive cave system that goes all the way down to the bedrock. Perfect map for a dwarf game. Also this is normal or hard mode only. Edited by crimsonblade1

The Skyblock challenge is a fun one.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/600254-surv-skyblock/

Survival island got boring once you started digging and had a few trees... This one keeps you on edge for atleast a few good hours (sometimes literally). The down side is that you want to start over any time some dirt or other limited resource goes over the edge.

Survival island got boring once you started digging and had a few trees... This one keeps you on edge for atleast a few good hours (sometimes literally). The down side is that you want to start over any time some dirt or other limited resource goes over the edge.

wow, now that does look fun :D

Word to the wise, make backups and ensure your crouch key is accessible. Also, with 1.8, keep an eye on your hunger bar and treat everything other than cobblestone (and sometimes even cobblestone) as crucial.

http://www.minecraft...-surv-skyblock/

Word to the wise, make backups and ensure your crouch key is accessible. Also, with 1.8, keep an eye on your hunger bar and treat everything other than cobblestone (and sometimes even cobblestone) as crucial.

So there is no land other than that square of dirt? What happens if you fall down to the surface?