if your awsome with nifskope HELP ME!!!!!

LABLuke

So here's my problem. i want to change and re-texture some vanilla armor. So this is what i do.

1 i open the elven chest plate and now i can see it in the render window.

2 now i want do two things, give some deadric pauldrons, and add a new texture.

3 i copy and paste the branch and now i have the pauldrons.

4 i give it the new texture... actually some mixed textures emperor shoes brother hood and spell breaker.

5 all this is done correctly, i think, i can see my changes in render window. so now i save and go to the cs.

6 this my problem, i go to item>armor>new, give it and id LABSigilelf for example and name it Sigil Elf Cuirass.

7 i made a male model only so i go to pick a .nif file. i pick the correct nif and world nif + icon and then bip it to cover upper body and save and click yes.

8 now i make a new character (skipping details, done this b4 and i know how) and i add the chest plate to the npc.

9 when i go to full view to see the chest on my new npc, i get three warnings.

A, model load error: in meshes\armor\sigil elf armor\cuirass.nif.

will use the default object marker_error.nif.

B, could not find parent node extra data for 'BASE meshes\armor\Sigil elf armor\cuirass.nif'.

C, the biped part 'meshes\armor\sigil elf armor\cuirass.nif should be skinned for (what ever character i made) example LABogrim

it does this for every armor weapon or whatever i do in nif skope. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you know hat i am doing wrong tel me please.

if you any information what so ever that can help me in any way possible for love of god just help me.

Oh it´s some years ago I worked with this. You need a mesh. Did you create a path to a mesh too?

not quite sure which path you mean. i made the for the cs to use to open the mesh. and i have the corect paths for both the textures and meshes inside nifskope set. i can see evereything fine nifskope.

Okay, you got it right then. Like I said it´s some years ago, and I haven´t got it installed at the moment. Why not take a random weapon, amor then, from the files section, and study it in the NIF? I still believe it´s a path problem. I remember it caused me a lot of trobles too.

Or you can post your problem here:

My link

You might get more help then :thumbsup:

Okay, you got it right then. Like I said it´s some years ago, and I haven´t got it installed at the moment. Why not take a random weapon, amor then, from the files section, and study it in the NIF? I still believe it´s a path problem. I remember it caused me a lot of trobles too.

Or you can post your problem here:

My link

You might get more help then :thumbsup:

Thanks allot man, it was in deed a path prob, wen you mentioned it i double checked and it turns out i had one too many files leading to my meshes. so yea, thanks for your help.... i am a noob and have only been modding for about a month, and have had nifskope for about a week. lol