rage modding

NetDigger

Up to Dark0ne to decide. With Skyrim coming up (and will surely have a place of it's own) means more money to spend on new equipment and manage everything. It's just a matter of finding out if it's viable or not.

Also, Rage was not developed by Bethesda. It was published. The developer is iD Software. While ZeniMax owns both iD Software and Bethesda Softworks, they're completely different branches.

Please, Dark0ne. We hunger for Rage. It's coming out with it's own tools. We hear so many good things about it! I heard from a rental customer assistant that some have described it as a FPS on steroids. Be a sport and check it out, yeah?

Woo, sounded like I was pleadin' the devil there. Nearly scared meself.

Rage was originally designed to work with low,middle and high technologized computers.

It was meant as an intelligent cross-over game for consoles,iPad and computers. But programming such an uber-software is difficult.

Afaik Rage is NOT shipped out with id studio tools and modding software.

Rage for 32bit systems is an early shot for x-mas...

I was not surprised if Dark0ne waits for the upcoming 64bit version which will be done 2012.

This version will be shipped out with id studio...

In the beta version of Rage id studio was too slow on 32bit and it was too easy to hack into id softwares computer system...

Rage 64bit wont have such problems..

• 3 months later...

The game has been out for a while, but with the recent 1.2 update Gstaff left a comment to an user that the they will be working on releasing mod tools.

[Figured using an old topic to make it easier to search for]

Edited by Pronam

Rented it. Looked pretty. Combat was juicy. Surprisingly linear and demanding, plotwise, despite being a sandbox title. That's what let me down. I didn't feel motivated to go up against the government, rather I was pushed around by the game. The game was telling me, not asking me. Not even a please. And nobody "tells" Boxy Brown. Just wanted to let you all know I used to care if Dark0ne liked it enough to make a mod page for it, now I just don't care about the game at all.

I have to admit, I don't care about the game much either. Played it for about 4 hours at a friend on his PC, but it just never had any staying power. I almost bought this for myself at Christmas, but decided to rather go for Saints Row The Third, and by the nine divines, I made the right choice. Story is absolutely boring and couldn't get me to care about the characters or their problems at all. Gunplay is utterly boring. It feels like I might as well be flapping toilet paper at my enemies for all the good it does me.

Then again, iD games are usually nothing more than tech demos for their new engine.

Edited by Halororor

I have to admit, I don't care about the game much either. Played it for about 4 hours at a friend on his PC, but it just never had any staying power. I almost bought this for myself at Christmas, but decided to rather go for Saints Row The Third, and by the nine divines, I made the right choice.

Well, I don't think anyone can fault you there. SR3 is probably one of the best games in the past 5 years, too bad the DLC has been lacklustre so far.

• 5 months later...

So.... at Quakecon then?

I´ll be paying attention to Arkane´s announcements about Dishonored, but my ears would perk up if Carmack revealed a construction kit. :dance: Finally Rage could become a proper PC game.

I´m thinking: Make Dan fat (like John Goodman fat), cut out the driving bits, rearrange the story, get rid of all the time-stretching parts, add an ending. Basically you´d have four straight hours of id glory.