Still play the PS1?

meluvseveryone

I used to play the ps1 A LOT .. being my first console .. I stopped when my ps1 controllers stopped working rendering them uselsess , :P .. but that's not to say it wasn't a great ride .. just thinking about all those nights playing spyro 3 , crash bandicoot , the first ridge racer .. good times :)

• 6 months later...

Indeed i play it sometimes even have the original non-analog controllers with me + its modded so i can still download new games for it =)

• 2 months later...

Man I loved all the RPG games for PS1, and I still replay a lot of those games over the years. In the last year I've played more PS1 games than PC and PS3 combined. Many of those games aged very well.

Last PS1 game I replayed was Vagrant Story - great classic action RPG. I'm still pissed they never made a sequel to it, because the game sold well, got great ratings. They got no excuse.

Edited by Beriallord

• 3 months later...

Meh i haven't touched any ps1 games in the longest time, but the one i most enjoyed was Metal gear solid, it was one of the first to have real in game cutscenes.

then there was the Sega saturn, dang that thing was a beast for its time.

Edited by Thor.

• 3 months later...

used to play games like spyro on my ps1 (the psx without the serial port) but now it is stored away and if i feel the urge to play any ps1 games it just seems easier to load up an emulator considering that the drive cover on my ps1 once open takes alot of jiggling to get to stay down again.

My original Playstation is retired, but I use my Playstation 2 and 3 to honour its memory.

I love some good Silent Hill, the Spyro trilogy, Sheep, Dog and Wolf (An amazing Looney Tunes strategy game) and Final Fantasy. Mainly Final Fantasy IX, it's such an underrated gem. Oh, and who can forget Digimon World.

... Anyone?