Still play the PS1?

meluvseveryone

I just got finished with Vandal Hearts II. Its a SRPG. It was original in a lot of ways and I enjoyed it. The gear made the classes basically, and then weapons had skill slots of them, and differnet weapon types had differnet skills. And then there was a dual movement mechanic in the game, which meant for each turn, both you and the enemy moved one unit, and if you could predict which of your units the enemy was going to attack, you could not only move to avoid being hit, but you could also predict where the enemy was going to move to attack you, and then attack them from a different location. Lots of ways you could bait the enemy AI to make it easier to predict who they are going to attack and when. I quickly figured out the AI prioritized healing before attacking, and that the AI attacks always prefer to back attack if they're in range to do so. So for example, if 2 units are within range to be attacked, but only one of them is vulnerable to a back attack, you can predict which one gets hit by using such methods.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to have the Playstation 1 back when I was in the first grade, and played games such as Gran Turismo 1 & 2, Crash Bandicoot, and Tekken 3 every weekend. It stopped working after 6 years and I had to buy the PS2 a year after.

Edited by Trasher54

• 2 weeks later...

well first of all I love Any and All Gaming Systems that has a fun games on it and isn't difficult to play, i point that out cause the Atari Jaguar had a helish controller!

anyway to answer the question yes i still play ps1 games! i sadly don't have many anymore :( but the ones i do have are great! i have Soul Blade, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8...and i have Chrono Cross and Silent Hill on my Ps3 for the store :)

after that i have a crap load of games for the Emulator! LOVE PLAYING G-DARIUS!!!

I would if I could. Really I have two shelves of PS1 games in my living room and a Playstation2. Its my save cards I can't seem to find.

I've been meaning to look at Amazon or some site that sells them. Then I'll be able to enjoy all those JRPG's I have not finished like Final Fantasy 9. Really the grind to the end game bosses. :wallbash:

But no I recently did find myself wanting to play FF1 threw 8 again. And while I have one on steam, sitting at the PC doesn't have the same feel as the first time threw years ago on the couch in the living room on a big screen. Also since I started streaming some of my game plays on twitch I've been meaning to get a capture card to record from my PS2 because Video speaks more then a screenshot.

• 3 weeks later...