Installing Skyrim from the DVD

JimboUK

I don't know if this will be a issue because I have never tried. Will I have any problems installing Skyrim to a separate ssd that does not have my steam folder on it? (Will it give me a option where I want the game installed?)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this will be a issue because I have never tried. Will I have any problems installing Skyrim to a separate ssd that does not have my steam folder on it? (Will it give me a option where I want the game installed?)

By default Steam installs in it's own folder (wherever you've installed Steam), but with Steam tool you can move games to a different disk or directory.

I do the same, I move my favourite games to my SSD.

I hope it helps :)

Great tip. I wish I knew that when I installed FO New Vegas.

I've had no trouble with Steam and FONV (except in the beginning when Steam had problems). But I don't like how I have to "volunteer" to allow Steam into my computer AKA my life--and I get absolutely NO value out of it.

I pity the gamers with no bandwidth, or even no Internet connection.

I have a small question regarding installation from DVD.

I have no DVD-drive in my PC, but I do have one in my laptop.

Is is possible to make an image of the Skyrim-DVD on my laptop, then transfer it to my PC (USB stick probably), mount the image on the PC and then proceed with the steps from the topic start?

It should be possible, right? It'd save me from the need of downloading Skyrim on my PC.

I have a small question regarding installation from DVD.

I have no DVD-drive in my PC, but I do have one in my laptop.

Is is possible to make an image of the Skyrim-DVD on my laptop, then transfer it to my PC (USB stick probably), mount the image on the PC and then proceed with the steps from the topic start?

It should be possible, right? It'd save me from the need of downloading Skyrim on my PC.

Yeah that should work, I can't see there being any protection on the disk. If it doesn't work for some reason you should be able to put the key into steam and download it.

This is one of the reasons I don't use steam. I'm going to be very happy downloading straight from the disk to my C:\ drive.

Yeah you can not do that legally last I herd, all of the games store bought or net bought will force you to bend over and install steam.

If your talking illegally then that is a quick way to get you banned on this site.

This is one of the reasons I don't use steam. I'm going to be very happy downloading straight from the disk to my C:\ drive.

Yeah you can not do that legally last I herd, all of the games store bought or net bought will force you to bend over and install steam.

If your talking illegally then that is a quick way to get you banned on this site.

Now, now. Let's not jump to conclusions.

In all seriousness though, I think they meant installing it from the disk (while needing steam), rather than downloading all 6.5 GB from Steam.

I for one am glad that I don't need to worry about downloading the entire thing from Steam. My internet connection is crap. :confused: