BSA Unpacker

Thepal

Heh... I get the exact same error message...

""failed to load file header (version 14020007, 20.2.0.7)""

... And I just updated nifskope to what I believe to be the latest version. (nifskope-1.0.22.8329d39-windows)

Not to get too far off subject, but since we've drifted off to the subject of nifskope, I might as well toss this out there... (Who knows, maybe someone else has bee plagued with the same issue.)

Quite a while ago (probably over a year in fact, lol), I suddenly, for no apparent reason had this glitch pop up in nifskope in which highlighting a part of the mesh via clicking on it in the render window results in an instant crash of the program. I can still highlight it via finding it in the block list and clicking on it there (which is unfortunately much more tedious, particularly when the mesh has many parts to it).

Interestingly enough, this isn't an absolutely consistent glitch. With simpler meshes, I can sometimes click in the render window without a crash.

The maddening thing about this is... I've several times uninstalled and reinstalled several different versions of nifskope, and it doesn't seem to make any difference... Frankly, I've gotten quite sick of exerting futile efforts over an irritating inconvenience which I did nothing to deserve in the first place.... :dry:

Anycase... Great if somebody can help me with the second issue I mentioned... but otherwise just focus on the prior issue, as that one puts a dead stop to any nif modding before it can even be started.

• 2 weeks later...