The Great Imperial vs. Stormcloak Debate

Xengeance

759 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• The Imperial Army! Slay the rebel scum!!
    • The Stormcloaks! Drive out those pompous flat-landers!!
    • Not sure. Can I support the Toast Faction instead?

Personally I love the stormcloaks and always side with them, but i have done the empire once, Wasn't what i was hoping for at all. I mostly side with the Stormcloaks for the reasons of. F the empire i like my head on my shoulders. I'm of viking decent and the nords are based on viking/barbarians/whatever. And 3, because something deep inside me screams to free the beautiful land from both alduin, and those imperials

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go for the Legion cause

during main quest you can aquire Ulfric dossier in Talmer embassy. It says they let him out on purpose so he could start rebellion and weaken empire.

I will not allow Thalmor to have it their way!

I chose Stormcloak last night simply because I've read that there is a chance it will fix the Markarth Bug that is essentially preventing me from doing anything in that city. I had to cut my gaming short last night to come to work today but I've got my fingers crossed it works.

I chose Stormcloak last night simply because I've read that there is a chance it will fix the Markarth Bug that is essentially preventing me from doing anything in that city. I had to cut my gaming short last night to come to work today but I've got my fingers crossed it works.

It will. You mean the one where you're constantly being arrested but can't go to jail because you've previously been there? Yeah, it will. But there's a certain way to do it (http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiifdZN0x17Jtl055znLxrYgBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20111114132314AAYalQU).

Anyways, regarding the Stormcloak vs Empire situation -- I picked Stormcloak. But to be honest, the real issue is the Thalmor. It's THEM who wanted the banning of the worship of Talos. If it wasn't for that, really, I don't think there would be a civil war. Because that's what sparked it off. Before the civil war, the Stormcloaks were all part of the Empire anyway, and Talos (the god they worship) founded the Empire. It's the Thalmor that are the real bad guys because their the ones pulling the strings of the Empire, besides you see many NPCs dotted around Skyrim who are part of the Empire, but dislike the idea of them banning the worship of Talos.

In an ideal world the Stormcloaks + Empire would unite and do something about the Thalmor. But that wouldn't work out too well, I guess.