Skyrim Region Lock

Roaming

Didn't know if this was "Technical" or "General" so I posted in both.

I bought Skyrim from outside my current country. I registered it from that country and then came back to my original country. Now I am region locked and can not play the game. With most online CD-Key based purchase you can not return the game so now I am stuck with a worthless letter code on my Steam account and cannot add another new one to it because Steam won't remove the game from my account.

Or another scenario that I would like see someone explain. I go on vacation to my home country. Buy Skyrim there while on my one month stay. Then I come back the orginal country I would be unable to play the game ever.

So my question is why is Skyrim region locked, who is it helping to have it locked?

Edit1: Or the idea of a student who goes to Study Abroad nope can't play the game.

Edited by Roaming

Didn't know if this was "Technical" or "General" so I posted in both.

I bought Skyrim from outside my current country. I registered it from that country and then came back to my original country. Now I am region locked and can not play the game. With most online CD-Key based purchase you can not return the game so now I am stuck with a worthless letter code on my Steam account and cannot add another new one to it because Steam won't remove the game from my account.

Or another scenario that I would like see someone explain. I go on vacation to my home country. Buy Skyrim there while on my one month stay. Then I come back the orginal country I would be unable to play the game ever.

So my question is why is Skyrim region locked, who is it helping to have it locked?

Let me guess, you too live in Korea? I am locked out still and it is starting to annoy me.