Favorites Menu not Working

Tombstone312125

i had the exact same issue - turns out when you change the POV button in the control settings to a different key than F, it will stop working.

what i did was going to \Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\

and delete the "ControlMap_Custom.txt"

i'm pretty sure you can just use "defaults" setting in the game.

after that, the favorites menu worked again.

assign item to favorites

hit Q - highlight the item and press one of your hot keys 1,2,3..etc

hope that helps :x

Edited by MaffiLu

Any idea how to bind a hotkey (1-8) to a weapon for your left hand? Seems it always goes to my right hand, not allowing for dual wielding anything with hotkeys.

A similar problem noted in another thread: it seems you can't use the favorite menu to dual wield identical items, but you can use it to dual wield different items.

Thanks!

Hey subotnik, I'm assuming you're referring to the thread I created earlier- actually I still can't get it to work- if its not a duplicate weapon you can map two one hand weapons to different keys, but using the hotkey always places the weapon in main (right) hand, so dual wield still doesn't seem to work. If anyone has figured out how to make it work for dual wields PLEASE let me know!

Hey subotnik, I'm assuming you're referring to the thread I created earlier- actually I still can't get it to work- if its not a duplicate weapon you can map two one hand weapons to different keys, but using the hotkey always places the weapon in main (right) hand, so dual wield still doesn't seem to work. If anyone has figured out how to make it work for dual wields PLEASE let me know!

yeah this is a weird bug/behavior there.

for me it worked best to equip my two weapons and then fav the bow and 2H (as example)

when i need the daggers again ill just hit 2 (bow) again and unquip it - that made me equip the daggers again.

so it seems it remembers which are the "main weapons" - its just a bit silly to unequip (not holster) the "secondary weapons"

let's find more workarounds

yeah this is a weird bug/behavior there.

for me it worked best to equip my two weapons and then fav the bow and 2H (as example)

when i need the daggers again ill just hit 2 (bow) again and unquip it - that made me equip the daggers again.

so it seems it remembers which are the "main weapons" - its just a bit silly to unequip (not holster) the "secondary weapons"

let's find more workarounds

Thanks for the reply MaffiLu. I'd worked this out as well and have no problem switching to bow (say, hotkey 2) then tapping 2 again to unequip bow and swap back to my main weapons. The problem is this method doesn't work with any spells- they will replace one of your "main weapons" and tapping just cycles the spells, so everytime yoy wanna use a spell in combat you have to use menu to re-equip to dual wield. Guess we're just stuck waiting for a patch :(

Edited by daniel42i21

• 1 year later...

Ah ha! I have discovered the problem, my friends!

It seems that, for whatever reason, your Toggle POV is always bound to the same key as your Favorite key.

And likewise, your Sheathe key is always bound to your Drop key.

I don't know why Bethesda chose to make it this way and not just add 2 more keybinds on the small list, but whatever.

Hope this helps!