Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

Ok so quick update on my side. The *.dll thingy I used earlier didn't help me. The game crashed a few minutes ago.

Another thing is that I see majority of people here have crashes on Radeons 6xxx(me also having 6870).

Oh and another thing, I got a reply from Bethesda... They told me that it's a problem with my hardware because they couldn't copy it on their systems... Yeah... So I told them that if it indeed was my hardware failing then every game would crash, not only Skyrim. Furthermore I directed them to this topic.

'Working as intended'... So I'm gonna try out a couple more things(100% Fan speed and maybe under-clocking my GPU memory) if that won't help, the game will go. And my journey with TES will end on Morrowind(didn't like Oblivion at all).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so quick update on my side. The *.dll thingy I used earlier didn't help me. The game crashed a few minutes ago.

Another thing is that I see majority of people here have crashes on Radeons 6xxx(me also having 6870).

Oh and another thing, I got a reply from Bethesda... They told me that it's a problem with my hardware because they couldn't copy it on their systems... Yeah... So I told them that if it indeed was my hardware failing then every game would crash, not only Skyrim. Furthermore I directed them to this topic.

'Working as intended'... So I'm gonna try out a couple more things(100% Fan speed and maybe under-clocking my GPU memory) if that won't help, the game will go. And my journey with TES will end on Morrowind(didn't like Oblivion at all).

Absurd...I contacted them too and I got the same response. I'm at a loss, really. It definitely seems like a software problem.

Oh and another thing, I got a reply from Bethesda... They told me that it's a problem with my hardware because they couldn't copy it on their systems...

Well, a few posts above, someone mentioned a save game which constantly crashes. Send it to bethesda!

And another thing, the beta patch 1.4.26 is out. Has anyone tried it already? They say they fixed some crashes on pc.

Like others this game has been constantly crashing for me, PC is normally rock solid. I have a Radeon HD5870 Turbo, factory clocked at 875/1225. I have tried everything that has been mentioned but to no avail. But I tried the memory underclock 2 days ago, I am now running 875/1000 and the game hasn't crashed once, even by the blacksmith in Whiterun. It tried to crash in the battle for Whiterun directly after the underclock, screen contrast flickered and sound distorted. But it didn't crash and has been rock solid ever since.

Like others this game has been constantly crashing for me, PC is normally rock solid. I have a Radeon HD5870 Turbo, factory clocked at 875/1225. I have tried everything that has been mentioned but to no avail. But I tried the memory underclock 2 days ago, I am now running 875/1000 and the game hasn't crashed once, even by the blacksmith in Whiterun. It tried to crash in the battle for Whiterun directly after the underclock, screen contrast flickered and sound distorted. But it didn't crash and has been rock solid ever since.

If it will crash again underclock to 900 mhz

Just an update in my case: My problem IS the hardware, but my problem is a little different. I'm not getting the black screen, my screen is like this:

http://voidhunger.borec.cz/freeze.jpg

So i gave up on Skyrim and started to play other games: Mass Effect 1, Crysis 2, The Witcher 2 and the freezing continued with all of them. So i think that the problem was related to the 3D games and tryed a less demanding game: Magic - Planeswalkers 2012. I can run this game without problem and that confirmed my GTX 280 problem. I searched, and a lot of people with the 200 and 400 series are reporting this problem. My card have almost 3 years use and no more warranty. So i changed my hardware and this week i will receive my new hardware and the first game that i will test is Skyrim. If the problem persist or get solved, i post the results here.

Everyone getting crash with no reason after few minutes of play should try this http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/503105-fix-for-ctds-and-missing-textures-32bit-large-memory-access/

it works for me anyway.

But i have another problem, everytime when i try to access magic menu i have ctd, Searched for long time and that crash isnt because of many food stacked. also tried to learn new spells and no effect. Maybe someone know how to fix it or have some utilites to edit savegame?

Edited by xerrhurr