Skyrim Crash to Desktop after Bethesda Logo Fix

lyte84

Seems we're stuck until Bethesda supplies a patch for it.

I even tried updating my audio drivers, but found out that somehow I have them updated past the latest update I could find. Could be part of the problem.

Once I manage to scrounge up enough money to get that 560 for my other computer, I'm going to get win7 on it and try it there.

Also, just curious, but how many XP users with the same problem are using a Creative Sound Blaster card and drivers?

Edited by Norinvaux

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a follow up I have gotten it to work now. I read that running the TESV.exe file in Win 95 compatibility mode solved the problem for some people so I tried that. The first time it didn't work, but I tried it again after applying the ENB Skyrim patch and it actually works. Have had it up and running for 2 days now.

Seems we're stuck until Bethesda supplies a patch for it.

I even tried updating my audio drivers, but found out that somehow I have them updated past the latest update I could find. Could be part of the problem.

Once I manage to scrounge up enough money to get that 560 for my other computer, I'm going to get win7 on it and try it there.

Also, just curious, but how many XP users with the same problem are using a Creative Sound Blaster card and drivers?

Hi all. I have the same problem non only with XP SP3 but with Windows 7 also (on the same pc). I have a creative soundblaster card (audigy 4 with drivers by O.S.)

Bye

Edited by Myriddyn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For some reason, since I've installed the beta 1.4 patch, I've had the same problem. I uninstalled the mods I had and tried again. Same bug.

I tried the audio fix like written in this thread, same bug.

I'm trying a clean install of the game again now to see if it fixes it.

I haven't any problems with the game crashing or locking up at the start and I'm using WinXP as well. But, I do have another similiar problem that has started since the latest update, which has stopped me from playing. Load screen crashing that throws me back to Windows. Right now, my character is waiting to get out of the Mzinchaleft ruins via the ending elevator. Last night, the game crashed twice during the loading screen after I activated the elevator. This never occured before the update. Before this situation, the game crashed when twice when I only moved a few feet outside the ruins. I turned off a recently added mod, which seemed to stop the problem since I was able to go through the entire location without a crash, but not at the elevator.

Well, clean install fixed it for a load up and I was very happy when I tested it.

However, I tried again yesterday night and the same problem came up again. This is getting really frustrating. Anyone has an idea what the problem could be?

I'm using the following mods:

Deadly Dragons mod

Headtomb's better sorting mod

High Res Texture pack 01 and 02

TRS Dead Companion mod

Edit: Found the culprit, Deadly Dragon Normal.esm from the Deadly Dragon Mod

Edited by RedlanceEQ

As I noted on another thread, the culprit causing these crashes is the HD DLC Pack. Uninstall or delete the .esp files from your Skyrim Data folder and the game will work perfectly. Mine does. :)