Skyrim Crash to Desktop after Bethesda Logo Fix

lyte84

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any solutions yet? sound config didn't worked for me, launched the TESV in win95 comp mode and it worked, but without saves or mods, and still no clue why is this happening.

Yesterday i was playing just fine, but today it's just broken somehow

i just read fast, and the other link to, but i have peharp missed, something, you talk i think it's peharp not all the people they think they have problem whit sound but, for this people they think they have this problem, i have view your type of crash, but what they make you thinking it's the driver sound they are the problem? i am a little lost on this, say what you have made to thinking it's a driver sound the problem,

they have other people too if i remember well they have talking of problem whit mod, i don't remember where in this post, anyway i don't remember well the message but try to disable your mod, keep only the mod from bethesda, not the ona you have taking on internet and try it again, so if all work well it's because of one of your mod, so enable one by one to find who they make this...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OTHER SOLUTION

Try to uninstall all the mods you've lately added, some are crashing your system. Maybe two mods that don't work together or something like that.

Using the nexus mod manager is very handy for such tasks.

I had the same problem, I unticked some mods and found the culprit one in a few minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I too recently got those CTDs that happen upon launching the game. I traced the problem to this mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21260 (Hotsprings Hideout). Disabling that mod eliminated those CTDs. Out of curiousity I tested an older version of that mod (the one before it got its Navmesh), and the mod now works as well. I'm wondering if its that Navmesh thing that's causing the problem (conflict with Bethesda's latest patch?)

I'm running into the same problem I did the un-stall and delete everything, I did the windows xp sound fix, I checked my mods and those weren't a problem since I never changed or got rid of any, just updated the out of date mods. It still crashes about 5 seconds into the skyrim dragon symbol with or without mods. I can hear the drums/chanting at the Bestheda logo but after that it crashes. I just got the newest game update and nexus mod-manager update last night cause I havn't played skyrim in about a month. Oh and I didn't even buy the new DLC, so it cant be the DLC crashing me out.

Maybe it is a mod and I dont know it, i'll post the mod list later on once skyrim gets done installing for the 3rd time

Edited by PhantomofBlue