Skyrim Crash to Desktop after Bethesda Logo Fix

lyte84

I have the same problem here. No mods, fresh install - and immediate CTD after Beth logo. Messing with sound didn't helped a bit :( I've build myself a new PC, completed original Skyrim on the old one and started Dawnguard. And them I moved to a new, much better hardware, and here I am - can't launch the game... Seriously, Bethesda - WTF?!

Now I have Core i7 3770K, 16Gb mem, Z77 mb and GF GTX 680, running on freshly installed Win 7 64bit.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem here. No mods, fresh install - and immediate CTD after Beth logo. Messing with sound didn't helped a bit :( I've build myself a new PC, completed original Skyrim on the old one and started Dawnguard. And them I moved to a new, much better hardware, and here I am - can't launch the game... Seriously, Bethesda - WTF?!

Now I have Core i7 3770K, 16Gb mem, Z77 mb and GF GTX 680, running on freshly installed Win 7 64bit.

Go through your MODs, unchecking all of them and then checking them back one by one, launching the game each time. You will find the culprit by doing this. I'm almost certain it is a MOD that is causing it for you.

Go through your MODs, unchecking all of them and then checking them back one by one, launching the game each time. You will find the culprit by doing this. I'm almost certain it is a MOD that is causing it for you.

I've uninstalled ALL mods, deleted all Skyrim folders (exept saves) and installed the game again - it's still crashing :(

I've uninstalled ALL mods, deleted all Skyrim folders (exept saves) and installed the game again - it's still crashing :(

Well darn... I'm not sure then as I always managed to solve it that way.

You need to uninstall and then use either the regedit command if you are confident and know what you are doing, or if you aren't and you don't, a registry cleaner like Glary Utilities (it's free) or CCCleaner (likewise) to remove all traces of Skyrim. If you have uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still crashing out on you, it is possible there are still traces of the old game there. Don't forget to remove the Skyrim stuff in my documents as well when you do the uninstall by the way.

You need to uninstall and then use either the regedit command if you are confident and know what you are doing, or if you aren't and you don't, a registry cleaner like Glary Utilities (it's free) or CCCleaner (likewise) to remove all traces of Skyrim. If you have uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still crashing out on you, it is possible there are still traces of the old game there. Don't forget to remove the Skyrim stuff in my documents as well when you do the uninstall by the way.

Thanks, I'll try that, but I don't think it''l help. Thing is - I used to run Skyrim on a completely different PC before, and I didn't just replaced some parts. My new machine is built from scratch, not a single part of the old one is inside. And Skyrim started crashing immediately after it was installed on a brand new OS, I haven't had a chance to install any mods in it. So I think that it is some components of my new PC that are conflicting with the game, I just can't figure out which one of them. It as well can be sound drivers: I have an integrated sound card on my motherboard, but I'm using Razer Megalodon headphones in most cases, and they have their own sound card built in it, so they don't need any drivers installed.

Issue solved! :) It appeared that I've accidently installed russian version of the game on new PC. I was playing a european one before. I just reinstalled language packs, and the game is working now :)

Then you should uncheck all of them in the menu, see if the game runs and then check them one by one, making sure the game runs. You'll find the culprit that was if it is a mod creating the problem.

I'm going to try it. I'll reply back when its done

It worked! Thanks! I have another problem though. :(

When I changed the sound properties before, the sound totally went out. Is there a way to fix it because I tried putting back to default setting, but did not work. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Dovakiin1323