Skyrim Crash to Desktop after Bethesda Logo Fix

lyte84

right, not to resurrect a dead thread BUT...

Im having the issue above, i've not installed any mods what so ever... Its done this ever since I ran it the first time. ive not actually got the game to load yet. still no luck :sad:

I understand i am likely to be missing some sort of master file, but which could it be? I've not got any mods yet... just the normal Skyrim, no DLC etc.

Open data files on main menu, and post here load order of the files

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am I the only one with this problem for windows 8.1? I can't try the sound fix because they have "beats" (ooohhh, all it did was mess up my skyrim, maybe) which, when messing with audio have a few individual khz settings and I don't know which one or more than one to mess with and what to change it to. someone please help me!

Edited by aesp

• 1 month later...

getting the same issue today on windows 7... Played for some 70 hours with mods and just started today about an hour and a half again... had the 65**** error code and got that resolved but now this thing is just pissing me off

Post edit... I found the culprit....

1 changed compatibility to run on windows 7

2. removed an overhaul mod for my followers started backtracking and removing mods from recent going back. the issue stopped after I removed a Lydia follower overhaul mod... All my mods revolve around immersion and realism and improving some textures... ie I wanted a prettier better working Lydia.... weii made her so pretty she crashed all of skyrim and I never got to see.... that b&@*$ :D

3. changed the load order on said mods and dlc

Edited by Perigrine85

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...