no skyrim/data in installation folder. how to mod?

shintei

no sorry the skyrim.esp is no located in there. Also, I bought the physical copy of the game so that I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of being a slave to steam and when it wants to send us updates that potentialy break the game and NOWHERE did it say I would be forced to use their service. Since launch I've seen many complaints about steam overriding your settings about not auto-updating the game, removing the tesv.exe from your hard drive so you can't launch the game without going into the steam menu and revalidating your game client, and basically adding DRM post release and FORCING you to take it by, once again, ignoring your settings of do not auto update!

And as for piracy combating? Are you kidding me? The only games that are pirate proof are MMOs, and those have bigger issues to deal with.

I'm starting to think that those that stole the game are better off than those that legally purchased it as every attempt to combat piracy by steam only affects paying customers.

/rant

• 2 months later...

Not sure what you were discussing when you said, "stupid and pointless". :confused:

Steam? Your Topic?

Neither are such, I think.

Others may have the same question, so your query and the response are valuable. And using a widely-accepted, well-tested digital distribution mechanism as a means of:

a) Coordinating the release

b) Providing an automatic patching/updating channel

c) Combatting piracy

seems reasonable to me as well.

my gooodness you are quite the pretentious one arent you?

Edited by GreasyJeezus

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...