Skyrim closes w/no error or CTD

Dilir79

So since i got the game I have had about 3 of this " none CTD" issues, what I'm trying to say is that the game just closes automatically after running for a while , no error msg or no CTD is anyone else having this issues?

thanks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, me too. I tried running it in Vista SP2 mocde as admin, also updated all drivers and tried all possible sound settings, but it still keeps CTD without error on startup after intro. For a very short time i see the menu, but then *poof* Desktop. I hate my life...

Sorry to hear your problem it's much greater than mine.

I can get the game running for about an hour + then either i try to quick save or i do anything like going inside a house or anything and the game closes :( , hope to see a fix soon for this

Well, I let TESV.exe run trugh ProcessMonitor and got 60.000 events. In the last 20 TESV.exe closed a bunch of files, the last one was Skyrim.esm. Can anyone with a working Skyrim try the same and post the result?

Same thing with mine just now. Seemingly random crash to desktop, no error messages. I had just killed the first bandits you run into by that old tower outside the first town and was looting a barrel inside the tower.

Hoping this game crashes a lot less than the Fallouts did/do for me.

Win 7, 32 bit, Steam version of game.

I get these crashes as well. It has only happened in the world like 3 times so I can play the game but for whatever reason ice saves crash the game. I cannot even load a save within the ice cave to the south west of Riverwood.