Skyrim closes w/no error or CTD

Dilir79

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't wan to jinx myself with this post but I have not been experiencing this issue so far, knocks on ikea.

My longest session has been about 2.5 hours so far.

Here are my system specs.

Biostar 890FX Motherboard with a Phenom 2, Model 955, (OC'd to 3.6GHz)

8GB (4gb x 2) of DDR3, 1600MHz Memory

AMD HD5850, 1GB GPU

Windows 7 Pro, x64-bit Edition

I do however dislike some of the textures being washed out and blocky when looking up close.

I will see if anything else shows up while playing the game but so far so good.

I have had this happen 4 times in about 20 hours (twice in 12hrs straight) every time it was because of steam, with random advertising and messages popping up in game. I have turned off every message option I can find, it hasn't happened since.

I have had this happen 4 times in about 20 hours (twice in 12hrs straight) every time it was because of steam, with random advertising and messages popping up in game. I have turned off every message option I can find, it hasn't happened since.

You may want to run a virus scan, Steam does not pop up ads during games.

I bought the game from Steam yesterday. I have been having it do this as well. Every once and a while (give or take 10min - 2hrs). Staring to bother me. Fallout 3 used to do this to me on my old rig.

If it helps I'm running.

Intel I7

dual Radeon 6970's cross-fired

12gigs ddr3 (can't remember the hrtz sorry)

Win 7 64bit sp2

Though I have a triple screen setup I'm only running it on one as the menus are quite difficult to read lol. (As soon as I figure out how to fix that I will as it does look really cool at 5760X1080)

so 1920x1080 res

I have tried messing about with the shadows settings ( I thought that worked for a bit but alas no :( Hence why I writing this and not playing lol)

I'll keep looking around for a fix. If I find one I'll post it.

Cheers,

Limey.

I'm having the same problem. Has done it to me 3 times now. Running Win 7 64 bit DVD version. It's annoying to say the least.

Same problem, Win 7 64bit... Steam version of game... occasional sudden CTD with no error message