Skyrim closes w/no error or CTD

Dilir79

Same. Usually happens when I fast travel or go out of a house or just into another zone. And sometimes I get random textures of purple instead of the normal texture say on somebody's hair or a dog or a picklock. Very random

exactly the same here, im also getting the random CTD every 10, 20, 30 mins, and the pinkish purplish random textures, ive tried the sound fix and that didn't work, ive also read that lowering the shadow settings to low, cure the CTD, i will try and post back.

Edited by del_boy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To fix the CTD problem, well the first time i edited the prefs is when the first ctd came along, try reseting the Prefs witch is Skyrims version of the Oblivion ini in Mygames under Skyrim, not the one in Commons. It will reset everything back to default. delete it in Mygames in the documents folder. Now it will reset it back to what you had before and it shouldn't crash. Atleast it worked for me :thumbsup:

Now reset the settings back to your liking.

Edited by Thor.

Well all of a sudden its happening again, just as it was getting good :verymad:

Its not a hardware glitch its a game ctd, they really need to patch it asap.

Edited by Thor.

Well I had another idea that came to mind, disabling SLI seems to have stopped it all together. I have a feeling the new Nvidia beta drivers sli profiles are messed up so i disabled it. Funny thing is i Don't notice a change in fps or anything, still smooth sailing with just one card :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see what fps i would get with proper sli support :blink: lol fps-rpg. Reminds me of morrowind.

Edited by Thor.