Skyrim closes w/no error or CTD

Dilir79

for me, whenever i start to see purple textures or missing textures on things like npcs, armor, clothing, buildings, etc., these are warning signs that the game is about to crash. initially i assumed perhaps the mods i have are causing these issues. so i spent a lot of time going through the 30 something mods i had installed to try to pinpoint the problem. nothing came up.

i find this to help you or other to understand this command, i am not an expert with the think like this, some people love modify this .ini file and some time they can be arrange more problem, they have good people on this site they know more thing about what modify to have better game, sometime only a little change can make a big difference..., ok look it's will help to understand like i have understand...

an exemple here, for the command TexMipMapSkip, what it's make if you change the valor of 0 to 1

------------------------------------------------

exemple :

iTexMipMapSkip=0

iTexMipMapSkip=1

-----------------------------------------------

Mipmaps are smaller versions of the same main texture that are used for distance rendering. Usually they are 1/4, 1/16, 1/64 etc the size of the main texture file. If your main texture file was a 1024x1024 image, then mipmaps would be generated at 512x512, 256x256, 128x128, etc. They are all the same image, but in a progressively lower resolution. It keeps the game engine from overworking when rendering distant objects.

ItexMipMapSkip may be a function to only render a certain percentage of the mipmaps on distant objects. This would further decrease the load on the game engine, so it makes sense. And especially so since the game was designed for a console version where performance is severely limited.

edit : sorry i have put a tornado in my post and all have been anywhere, i have reoder my thing to make it's readable...

Edited by AngeGardien

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since i got the game I have had about 3 of this " none CTD" issues, what I'm trying to say is that the game just closes automatically after running for a while , no error msg or no CTD is anyone else having this issues?

thanks!

ok, i will say a little thing i have forget to say to for those they have not windows 7 and they have error in statup, in far in my memory but, you can try (in making right click on the shortcut),go to compatibility, try to change this, when i have other windows and having problem, i put always the shorcut to in compatibility whit windows 98 or other), it's can help some of you...

ok I bougth skyrim a few days ago and I see many with the same problem as me and i hope and pray for a way to fix this.

i have windows vista

64 bit.

The problem comes wen i try to continiue, the loading screen comes, up but after a few seconds it goes black, and then desktop.

can some one say if it is a patch, a fail in steam og only the computer?

Edited by RoyalCace

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I had the same problem, multiple ctd's in an hour. I fixed this by disabling the auto play of devices in windows. Just go to the Controlpanel and into the all panel components option. Under auto play, disable autoplay for all media and devices. Now enjoy Skyrim for the whole day without the eritating crashes, but remember that you wont get the auto play function if you insert cds and/or other external devices!

• 2 months later...