List of useful console commands.

Vagrant0

Console Commands (With all the shouts and items codes)

tgm

Good ol’ God Mode means you’re completely invulnerable to everything, and pretty damn god-like. And no one needs to write a book about you or anything.

tcl

No clipping lets you go literally anywhere in the game world, from the top of the sky to the bottom of the, er, sky. Fascinating if you want to witness the game world.

unlock

Can’t find that vital key? Lockpicking skill too low? Simply highlight the door or chest you want to unlock, and type “unlock” into the console. If only this worked in real life.

psb

Every single spell in Skyrim is now yours!

player.advlevel

Automatically level up – perfect if you hate playing games.

caqs

Automatically complete all the stages of your primary quest – perfect if you hate playing games.

showracemenu

Unhappy with your blind, inbred-looking Bosmer chap? You can adjust the way your character looks just like you did at the start of Skyrim – but this will reset your level and skills.

player.modav skill X

Where “skill” is the skill you want to modify, and X is the amount you want to modify it by. Skills are inputted via their in-game names without spaces, apart from Archery which is “Marksman”, and Speech, which is known as “Speechcraft”.

player.additem ITEM ###

Every single item in Skyrim has a code, a bit like an Argos catalogue of fantasy objects. You’ll find them all on this"http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-pc-item-codes/" – replace “ITEM” with the item’s code, and “###” with the number of items you want. Now your dreams of owning 47 cabbage potato soups can come true.

player.additem 0000000f ###

A simple way to get some free gold – any number between 001 and 999 will do.

player.additem 0000000a “###”

Running low on lockpicks? Enter the number you require here and they’ll magically appear.

addshout

Combine with the codes on this "http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Shout_Codes_(Skyrim)" to add your selected shout.

tm

Toggles all in-game menus – perfect if you want to take some screenshots to convince elderly relatives that Skyrim is where you went on your holidays.

tmm

Followed by 0 or 1 turns map markers on or off.

tfc

Not Team Fortress Classic, unfortunately. However, you will be able to access the flycam and pretend to be a dragon.

tai

Toggles AI, which means people won’t interact with you, or do anything at all.

tcai

Turns combat AI on or off, turning dragons into placid beasts who act like you aren’t there. A bit like cats.

tdetect

This one lets you behave like a little rapscallion, as it turns naughty business detection (stealing, murdering, doing a poo in the woods etc) on or off. You’ll still get caught if you try pickpocketing, though.

player.setcrimegold ###

Adjust your wanted level with this handy command – setting it to zero resets your current amount of wantedness.

player.setlevel ##

Up or down your player level as you see fit. Perfect if you hate playing games.

player.setav speedmult ###

Want to run like Uwe Boll after a night on the vindaloo? Set this number to anything more than 100 to speed up movement.

movetoqt

Go straight to your quest target.

kill

Target the thing you want to kill, type this command and they’ll fall over in a very dead manner. We wish the command was “Laputan Machine”, though.

killall

Kills everything in the vicinity. Literally everything.

help

Lists every single console command. We’ve put this further down the list because we want you to actually read this article.

resurrect

Target the thing you want to bring back to life, and they’ll get up in a very alive manner.

player.modav carryweight #

Tired of getting tired? Up your carryweight and you’ll be able to transport more goodies.

setpcfame #

When will I, will I be famous? When you up your fame number.

setpcinfamy #

He’s not just famous, he’s in-famous! Up it here.

player.setav fatigue #

Up this to stop feeling so tired all the time.

player.setav health #

Up your health here.

coc qasmoke

Bethesda’s handily included a room with every single in-game item in it – type this command to go straight there. It might take a while to load – there are thousands of items here. Type “coc Riverwood” to return to the game.

qqq

Quit the game without having to go through any of those pesky menus.

removeallitems

Target a character and type this and you’ll get all their items – including their clothes. Note: does not work in real life.

sexchange

Change your character’s gender. Note: does not work in real life.

set timescale to #

This defaults at 16 – 1 is realtime. Up it to experience crazy timelapse-style Skyrim.

Edited by huckphci

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be appreciative of anyone who could find me the coc code for the Alchemist's Shack... Ive tried several varieties of exterior01-type codes and none of them work. help alchemist 0 turns up nothing.

Sorry so late with this, but I finally got around to visiting this place. Apparently the console help command won't locate CELLs unless you've visited there already. Try this CELL code: AlchemistsShackExterior.

The Elder Scrolls Wiki has an (incomplete) list of skills

Values to be used with either player.forceav player.modav or player.setav or, whilst in the console, target (left click) on the NPC and use just forceav, modav or setav to have it affect them (useful for 'buffing' followers, at least until BS fix the followers not leveling at the same rate as your character, so yes folks, it IS possible to make Lydia still be useful later in the game)

Use getav to check the value, or getavinfo (details base value and modifiers).

Confidence - Sets chance an npc will flee from combat, settings go from 0 up to 4 (4 makes them foolhardy and 0 makes them always flee, 1 will make them likely to flee when they are hurt or their allies die) only takes effect after an npc has the "resetai" command used on it, so if you want an npc to stop attacking and flee you "setav confidence 0" then with the same npc selected type "resetai"

Health - Self explanatory

Healrate - Rate of health recovery.

Magicka - Self explanatory

Magickarate - Rate of Magicka recovery.

Stamina - Self explanatory

Staminarate - Rate of Stamina recovery.

Carryweight - Self explanatory

dragonsouls - use forceav, sets the available number of dragon souls

shoutrecoverymult - Default is 1, setting to 0 removes cooldown for shouts, higher numbers mean longer cooldowns

unarmeddamage - Damage done by unarmed attacks. (handy for bar brawls)

reflectdamage - Percentage chance to reflect all physical damage to an attacker (a value of 100 means you will reflect all damage, 50 means you will reflect all damage 50% of the time and none the rest)

leftweaponspeedmult - Left weapon speed multiplier i.e. 2 is twice as fast and 3 is three times as fast (makes for some pretty short battles, but also may sometimes screw up the displaying the random "kill" animations.

weaponspeedmult - Right and two-handed weapon speed multiplier i.e. 2 is twice as fast and 3 is three times as fast

critchance - Critical hit chance (0 - 100)

leftitemcharge # - Sets the charge for any enchanted item in your left hand

rightitemcharge # - Sets the charge for any enchanted item in your right hand

The TMM command has more too it then just turning on and off the map markers. It controls whether or not you have visited the site or not and can be adjusted too show or not show hidden sites.

So the command can be expanded like this:

TMM 1,0,0

Typing it in like this will show all places on your map. Except "hidden" places that normally only show when your on the quest that specifically uses them. But all the places will be marked as not discovered yet, so you will NOT be able too fast travel too them. You will still get the "discovered xxx" location message when you get too them.

Note: the commas are needed between the numbers and there are no spaces used between the numbers.

First number: Are all the markers on the map visible? (1=yes 0=no)

Second number: Have the markers been visited? This effects fast travel. (1=yes 0=no) (1 is default)

Third number: Are the hidden markers shown? (1=yes 0=no) (0 is default)

Have fun.

Edited by stonefly

Warning - this should be added to the top by a mod

Using the console (even by accident) will label you a cheater on Steam and all your achievements will not be recorded. So if you are into that Steam stuff, then you have been warned.

Thanks for the codes again. I have already been stuck twice, and was thankful that this is the old gamebyro engine so the codes still work.

Achievements are still unlocked even if you use console. I've tried it, and I don't consider it cheating persay but enjoying the game as I see fit...imho.

cool... thought this should be noted... TFC is great for taking pictures, but if you use TFC 1 everything will freeze so you can get really badass pictures. With just TFC combat and time still moves on.

for any base id with a 0, you do not need to put that in..

for example

Why type

Player.additem 0000000f

when you can just type

player.additem f

Hello together,

I need help regarding console 'help'

Is it possible to filter it more deeply, not only 0-4

When using 'help "Regenerate Health" 4 i get a bunch of objects, but I cannot see the needed ones. This, while there are more results than lines in the console-window.

Is there a piping or logging to a file possibility?

I need some objects ID for spells. This, while I have 4 buffs stuck - comming from a mod i tested.

Eg.: I know through 'help "Highborn" 4' that I can remove the spell, and with this the bff without problems. I tried it.

But now, I need the objects IDs for these stuck buff, as they are named "Regenerate Health". But as said above, help brings up a hell of a list. And there seems no possibility to filter it deeper, or to scroll INSIDE the console window.

Thx in advance

hai can anyone explain about movement speed, i already modify walk and run speed for NPC but somehow if i drawing weapons the speed turn as original/vanilla, so is there particular command console for modify this movement speed when weapons are wielded (especially on walking)..

thanks