Do enemys not respawn in Skyrim?

q111

I have a question: does enemys not respawn in Skyrim?

I waited for a few days ( 8 ) in a Store to see if enemys respawn: After i went back to the abadoned watchtower

(the tower on the way from Riverwood to Bleak Falls Barrow)

with the 2 generic bandits, they didn't respawn, and the corpses layed there. Do enemys not respawn or did i something wrong (because i didn't waited in the right area or because i decreased the difficult-setting)

Edited by q111

This question troubled me very much too, so i made an experiment and waited outside of Embershard Mine until it got repopulated. So the answer is yes, they do respawn, but it takes much longer than in Oblivion, about a month or so. Which is a good thing I believe since you have to explore the world rather than farm one area, while still having an incentive to come back one day.

The ore veins inside the mine remained depleted though, which worries me because don't want crafting resources to be strictly limited that way. Well if they are, hopefully it's just until the release of CS.

i think just waiting alone wouldn't do it, you'd probably have to visit several other areas so it flushes the old ones out of memory. also the rules may be different ffor dungeons vs outdoor areas.

I cleared out Broken Limb camp, and it had more giants when i went back there earlier, so they defeinitely rspawned

I just though I'll share this with the rest.

Enemies DO RESPAWN everywhere. Only difference beetween Skyrim and Oblivion/Fallout is that its not 72, but 720 hours. This is maybe bug, maybe intended to do so, i dont know.

Two independent people confirmed me this, so I guess it is truth. Which also means that changing the time needed for respawn shouldn't be too problematic, if the respawn is implemented.

Edit: still have to wait in another cell, not the one that should be respawned.

Edited by elvinkun

• 7 months later...

As far as resources go I believe that exterior resources re-spawn in 10 days, interior resources 30 days. This is of course asuming that you DON'T keep coming back to check as this resets the timer.

Note: sometimes the ore veins still look depleted after thay ave re-spawned bu can be mined anyway.

I'm sure thate are certain areas that are specifically set up to NOT respawn. I wish the mines like Shor's Stone & Solijund's Sinkhole were like that, if you re-visit the area later you find the Spiders/Draugr are back and now the miners are dead.

I just though I'll share this with the rest.

Enemies DO RESPAWN everywhere. Only difference beetween Skyrim and Oblivion/Fallout is that its not 72, but 720 hours. This is maybe bug, maybe intended to do so, i dont know.

Two independent people confirmed me this, so I guess it is truth. Which also means that changing the time needed for respawn shouldn't be too problematic, if the respawn is implemented.

Edit: still have to wait in another cell, not the one that should be respawned.

I don't think that's true, at least not everywhere. I was recently in the neighborhood of a certain dungeon after what I figured had to be more than 30 days in-game time and popped in for, what I hoped, would be a Draugr Deathlord battle. Surprisingly, the urns were all empty and the draugr corpses were still there from my first visit. I went into an Inn at the nearby town and, using the "no boring menu" mod, waited a little over 30 days in that interior cell. I went back to the dungeon and nothing had changed - empty urns and full of draugr corpses.

There are other dungeons I've visited well after the 30 days (or at least I figure) too, and nothing's respawned. Can't recall the locations offhand.

@flobalob: I hear ya, those places (as well as a couple others) should NOT respawn.

edit: According to wiki, there's quite a few places that don't respawn. Here's the list (Shows Dawnguard locations too.) Although I don't know whether they're talking about only containers or enemies too. But from this article it seems enemies and containers can be considered together, so I'm guessing the locations on that list don't respawn anything at all.

Edit2: Holy cats, is that view count right? 12500 views ... oh wait a minute, I just noticed the necro-mania on this thread. :tongue:

Edited by kevkiev