Change character's height

boran

Hi,

the construction kit in oblivion allowed to do this, and I would like to be able to do it also with skyrim even if the construction kit is not yet released:

Be able to view modify the value controlling each character's height (including our own) and be able to change it.

Any clue how to do this ?

Thanks

Thanks, it seems to work.

A couple of questions:

When i get my own default scale it says something like 1.00 with 1.03 base.

Anyclue what it means ?

Also, I'm not sure how you "click" on npc and get Getscale them, can you be more specific please, should I be in console mode when selecting the npc ?

Tks

Yup, you need to be in console mode and then you click on the "thing" (or character) you want to change. Works for everything basically.

Edit: To be more specific... 1. open console 2. click on object or person 3. enter the command

About the base scale I don't know what it means... :unsure:

Edited by Abelius1

Haven't tried, but the player.setscale console command could work (player.setscale 1.2 should make the character 1.2 times bigger). And by clicking an NPC and typing setscale (without "player.") should also let you resize nps or objects.

Tks both of you it works.

According to this page: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Console_Command_Tutorial#Player.SetScale_.23

" Player.SetScale #

This will change your character's size depending on the value; the smallest value is 0.5, the largest is 2, and decimals work up to the hundredths place (second digit). The number isn't necessarily the proportion your size is increased by because a scale of 2 will make your character about 2.5 times bigger. Aside from making the character larger, it also changes your movement speed (presumably by the value of the scale)."

It seems the scale wasn't proportional in oblivion. Do we know if it's the same in Skyrim ?

So if base size of 1 for character is 180cm (supposedly), what to set for respectively 197cm and 207 cm, considering the unproportional calculation ?

Tks

When i get my own default scale it says something like 1.00 with 1.03 base.

Anyclue what it means ?

The base value depends on the character's race, basically it's a multiplier. For example in Oblivion elves had a scale of 1.1, so using setscale 1.5 resulted in a scale of 1.65.

It seems the scale wasn't proportional in oblivion. Do we know if it's the same in Skyrim ?

I think the difference in proportions derives from the "base" multiplier.

You mentioned getscale returns 1.03 on your characters, so I guess you'll have to do the math to calculate the real scale value you need.

Edited by Wyrdfire

I was starting new game and messed with scaling at wagon. It didn't work well, and i scaled everybody back to normal. But it affected something else, wagon started to move weird and parked totally different place that it should have. Other prisoners got stuck behind fence and whole game messed up. So, little hint, don't use scaling until your in Riverwood or something.

And for question above, i don't think scaling affects running speed or damage made.