Skyrim Graphics Modding

stevosn95

>Asrock P55 Extreme

Seriously?

You spent THAT much money on a computer and you chose asrock? Have you ever even heard of the word "bottleneck" and what it implies in the world of computing? The slowest part will ultimately determine the speed of the overall system. By utilizing an asrock mainboard, you will not be able to use the full speed of your GPU, ram, SSD nor CPU. Additionally, you will probably not be able to successfully overclock your system, while the i7 has enormous OC potential

That computer is such a waste of good money

On topic: very delicious screenshots

Seriously you must've been dropped on your head. I've got an ASRock Z68 board at 5.0ghz on air and 2 x 580 SLI. You're a fanboy. There's nothing wrong with ASRock boards and a brand name isn't a bottleneck.

You're a dumb****

Hi!

Witch ini i need to change? I changed the .ini at this directory: c:/users/xyz/documents/mygames/skyrim . Am i right when i think i dont have to change anything at the steamapps/common/..... .ini ?

Thank you :)

Yeah, thats what i tought :) thx

Btw fShadowDistance and fInteriorShadowDistance can be at 1000? the lower the number the better the shadow quality? Has it any bad effect or its just make the shadow to looks smoother.

I have fShadowDistance=2500 and fInteriorShadowDistance=3000 But my shadow map is set to 4096. From what I'm seeing reviewing the posts by those attempting to improve the shadows is that some find the shadow distance settings makes a difference at the loss of shadows in the distance, while, others are only seeing an improvement with the shadow map increase. I went with what worked for me. I believe there are factors yet to be discovered in the search for perfect shadows.

Okay. And what about the white-blue aura Around the weapons and the trees? I can't post a picture now but when there's sky behind a tree then around this tree there's a blue aura like a countur. I dont think it was there when i used the default ini. Omg, i cannot tell this better :D

I changed my ini file exactly like you posted (and extended the render distance of grass), but the in door shadows are still wrong. Shadows on the faces of npcs and on furniture are just wrong and the shadows on walls are very pixelated. This only happens when i'm in small houses where the light sources are close to the npcs/furniture.

Is there any way you can think of something that might fix this? I can post a screenshot of some weird looking shadows if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

im interested in making shadows render for farther away. while im fine with the low shadow map i do , however, would like to see shadows drawn farther into the distance.

is there a line that controls this?

also, there is something weird going on with shadows sometimes. mainly indoors - sometimes u see shadows behind your character and then u move a few meters and all the ground and walls that were used to be shaded by casted shadows all turn bright an no shadows appear any more. do you know what i mean?

like the game no longer wants to render shadows so it turns all the dark areas that made dark by casted shadow into bright areas and no longer renders casted shadow.

am i clear? i find it hard to explain.

Asrock is from Asus, it used to be the "lesser quality" boards back in the days, these boards had bad electrolytic capacitor which caused some issues. Nowadays, things are different, even OC records are done with Asrock. The quality increased and as long as the Lanes and timings for the onbard-chip aswell as Slot-bandwith are the same as others with same socket, the difference is marginal to non existence.

I'm only asking this question because everyone here seems like they *really* know what they're talking about, and this thread may be the best place to ask my question:

In FNV, I totally fell for FNV Enhanced Shaders and mods that allowed me to add a depth of field effect (I think it might have been Cinematech or Imaginator that let you do that)...could something like this be done for Skyrim without a Construction Set? Was I wrong in assuming that shaders, at least, could be done with Photoshop and an .ini file?

By the way, impressive work! I'll have to see how much of this I can try before my computer starts to refuse me.....>.>;;

>Asrock P55 Extreme

Seriously?

You spent THAT much money on a computer and you chose asrock? Have you ever even heard of the word "bottleneck" and what it implies in the world of computing? The slowest part will ultimately determine the speed of the overall system. By utilizing an asrock mainboard, you will not be able to use the full speed of your GPU, ram, SSD nor CPU. Additionally, you will probably not be able to successfully overclock your system, while the i7 has enormous OC potential

That computer is such a waste of good money

On topic: very delicious screenshots

What's interesting to me about this post is that it is not only rude, but completely wrong. Asrock makes excellent boards, and will not "bottleneck" anything in any way, shape, or form. I have an asrock board for my 2500k and I love it, I have oc'd it to 4.8 ghz easily. If you're going to be rude, try not to be both stupid and wrong to boot.

I find the best shadows settings to be:

iShadowMapResolution=4096

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096

iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=4096

fShadowBiasScale=0.1500

iShadowMaskQuarter=4

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=4

fShadowDistance=4500.0000

I have experimented quite a bit here and if you make the shadow distance lower (1000) they will only render about 20ft in front of you. 4500 gives a good distance and leaves them fairly sharp. iBlurDeferredShadowMask around 4-5 will soften the edges of the shadows and give you a nice look. You may want to experiment here.