[LE] Greyed out Data File option?

endersblade

Small problem -- when I did the above, Data Files finally worked. But when I check off "Load Loose Files" and press okay, it gets unselected the next time I click Data Files. If I check it off and run the game, it clearly hasn't worked. Is there an ini value to make it load loose files? I want it to work bad enough that I might reinstall Oblivion (loaded loose files by default IIRC) or Fallout 3 (the loose files option never went unchecked) just to trawl through their ini files and see if they kept the command the same... Couldn't find one in Morrowind, which I still have installed

I'm having the same problem. I tried running the launcher as administrator, thinking that it might not have permission to change whatever it is that it needs to change, but no luck.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small problem -- when I did the above, Data Files finally worked. But when I check off "Load Loose Files" and press okay, it gets unselected the next time I click Data Files. If I check it off and run the game, it clearly hasn't worked. Is there an ini value to make it load loose files? I want it to work bad enough that I might reinstall Oblivion (loaded loose files by default IIRC) or Fallout 3 (the loose files option never went unchecked) just to trawl through their ini files and see if they kept the command the same... Couldn't find one in Morrowind, which I still have installed

I'm having the same problem. I tried running the launcher as administrator, thinking that it might not have permission to change whatever it is that it needs to change, but no luck.

having the same problem hope there is a fix

For guys it's not working for, check to make sure there isn't an existing [Launcher] section to the ini as you need to add it to this section if it exists and not create another one.

i had a existing launcher and deleted one but still have a issue with load files it unticks itself when i reload the game its not loading the mods at all

i did all the steps given and mine is still grayed out

Finally! Didn't work for me either - the skyrimprefs in the main game folder already had it and still nothing. Then I added the string to the one in my games directory, still nothing. Here's what I changed to make it work: Notice that in main directory the bEnableFileSelection=1 is preceded by the [Launcher]string. Well, at first I tried copying both of them into my games directory, to look exactly like the first ini.

What made it work is that I only copied bEnableFileSelection=1 to fit below the already existing [Launcher] bShowAllResolutions=1 uLastAspectRatio=1 strings (didn't add anything more). That fixed it - really weird but whatever floats your boat Bethesda. xD

Edited by TrickStyle

i did all the steps given and mine is still grayed out

Finally! Didn't work for me either - the skyrimprefs in the main game folder already had it and still nothing. Then I added the string to the one in my games directory, still nothing. Here's what I changed to make it work: Notice that in main directory the bEnableFileSelection=1 is preceded by the [Launcher]string. Well, at first I tried copying both of them into my games directory, to look exactly like the first ini.

What made it work is that I only copied bEnableFileSelection=1 to fit below the already existing [Launcher] bShowAllResolutions=1 uLastAspectRatio=1 strings (didn't add anything more). That fixed it - really weird but whatever floats your boat Bethesda. xD

Thaaaaank you. I thought it was supposed to be greyed because we were expected to wait for the Mod Manager, but your idea got it going. thanks. :D