17 replies to this topic

Tarm

Tarm

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
Hello.

So I found Esbern and have told him what Delphine said I should but he still won't open that door. The quest say I have convinced him so is this a bug?

peteed1985

peteed1985

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I didn't even choose that option and he let me in...

Forget what option I used, think it was just telling him she sent me and that I was dragonborn.

Tarm

Tarm

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

I didn't even choose that option and he let me in...

Forget what option I used, think it was just telling him she sent me and that I was dragonborn.

I've tried a couple of the answers and once I think I even heard him open the locks but I still can't get in or talk with him through the door again.

Tarm

Tarm

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
I did a websearch and it turns out Esbern is one bugged fellow. He won't open the door or speak, the subtitles are there for only a second and he might get stuck doing the same thing thing forever. Argh!

Edit: I've managed to proceed by using the console to get inside the room and spamming him by pressing E like a madman. We'll see if I can continue with this until his quest hopefully are over.

Edited by Tarm, 12 November 2011 - 09:21 PM.

xXxDragonSparksxXx

xXxDragonSparksxXx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
You must download the voice fix (which you must google, lazies.) and voila, he works.

Just download it, reload a save before you meet him. if you can't then just resurrect him with the console.

Tarm

Tarm

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

You must download the voice fix (which you must google, lazies.) and voila, he works.

Just download it, reload a save before you meet him. if you can't then just resurrect him with the console.

Thank you!

If I get to him with a new character before a official patch have been released I'll do that. :)

Wildone666

Wildone666

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i did the voice fix thingy but the door does not open so i can't get in to talk to him , any solutions to that ?

Ps i used every option available , i hear the locks open but when i try to open the door i only hear a clicking sound but the door does not open.

Edited by Wildone666, 19 November 2011 - 05:05 PM.

Killophile

Killophile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
If you guys are on PC just do that:
1. Press the "~" button on your keyboard
2. Type in TCL
Now you can move through the door, I did it once, and I think it shall fix your problem.

Tarm

Tarm

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

If you guys are on PC just do that:
1. Press the "~" button on your keyboard
2. Type in TCL
Now you can move through the door, I did it once, and I think it shall fix your problem.

That's the command I used to get into the room. But that only take care of one of his many bugs.

abaris

abaris

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

i did the voice fix thingy but the door does not open so i can't get in to talk to him , any solutions to that ?

Try to leave this section of the dungeon through the door you came from. Then turn around and run back to Esbern's door. That's a workaround I got from a youtube vid (voicefix included) and it worked.

Page loaded in: 1.141 seconds