Can't marry khajiits or wood elves?

skullgrind

The reason you can't marry any Khajiit, is due to their religion (which is odd, considering they basically "created" Mara), and the way their society works. There can only be one "Mane" (essentially the alpha male) of an entire clan.

As for the Bosmer, ever since the Green Pact came into effect, Bosmer has been largely cannibalistic, and most other races would not want to marry someone whose ancestors were cannibals (one bad apple tends to spoil the bunch, unfortunately).

However, you can indeed marry any NPC you find, via console commands.

The reason you can't marry any Khajiit, is due to their religion (which is odd, considering they basically "created" Mara), and the way their society works. There can only be one "Mane" (essentially the alpha male) of an entire clan.

Incorrect. The Mane is the king of all Elsweyr. He is said to have a huge mane, but he's only a normal Khajiit that is born during a chance alignment of Masser and Secunda during a Solar Eclipse (if Masser and Secunda share a resonance in phase repetition of 2:3, so orbital periods that are slightly out of phase with a 2:3 resonance, then the whole Khajiit shape thing be made relatively simple in a future TESx: Elsweyr). Now, many people can be born during such a solar eclipse, so it's likely that one that is 'suitable' (close to the court) is chosen. This has nothing to do with marriage in Khajiit society.

No, you can't, because there's no dialog for Bosmer and Kahjiit for marriage.

This is incorrect. I remember in Morrowind doing a series of quests for Ahnassi that eventually leads to her divorcing her mate because he broke his oath to her. Then you become Ahnassi's "special friend" and she lets you use her house.

No, you can't, because there's no dialog for Bosmer and Kahjiit for marriage.

You can't marry Vex either.

There are some characters you just cannot marry like Vex and the traveling Khajiit Merchants which may make the race pretty hard to marry since I think that's pretty much all the non-hostel Khajiit. However, if someone could kindly share how to take screen shots I will post pics of the Wood Elf Wife of mine. Nivern I think is her name (not sure how to spell it) the Wood Elf wife of the fish guy in Riften. (Yes, I stole her from him just to prove a point)

I'm pretty sure that the only reason is that they just didn't bother to add them in. There are only two Argonian males for marriage and a small handful of total orcs. The bulk of the potential spouses are either Dark Elf or Nord. :P