Riften, How do you buy the house?

Xevara

I am playing Skyrim and I recently looked on the UESP about a house called Honeyside in Riften that says you can directly buy the house from the Steward for 8000 gold. I have found the steward but she has no option to sell it. Does anyone know how to get the option to appear, and get the house?

City: Riften

A guard spoke of a house as a walked by but the steward didnt have any options about it, wasnt in Riften though and im still having troubles with the names!

How can you befriend a Jarl to buy a house if you cant do any quests for him?

A guard spoke of a house as a walked by but the steward didnt have any options about it, wasnt in Riften though and im still having troubles with the names!

How can you befriend a Jarl to buy a house if you cant do any quests for him?

thats what I want to know, I really want that Riften house, but theres no option to buy it when talking to the Steward, and everyone including UESP says that you buy directly from the steward for 8000 gold, and I have over 9100 gold, and she still doesnt have the option, and honestly I dont know where to turn.

You have to gain fame from the people of Riften. You can do a few quests for them, like Bolli. After I delivered a purchase order for him, then the Jarl made me Thane and the option to buy the house from the steward became available.

thanks for a answer that might be actually the answer to my problems, and probably a lot of other peoples for getting the house in Riften. I have just created a new character though, but when I get to Riften I will test your answer out, thanks for getting my hopes up! :)

You have to gain fame from the people of Riften. You can do a few quests for them, like Bolli. After I delivered a purchase order for him, then the Jarl made me Thane and the option to buy the house from the steward became available.

thanks for a answer that might be actually the answer to my problems, and probably a lot of other peoples for getting the house in Riften. I have just created a new character though, but when I get to Riften I will test your answer out, thanks for getting my hopes up! :)

I have the similar problem here: I can buy the house, but I cannot become the thane. Maven is the current Jarl in Riften, in my version. And I cannot find the so-called Bolli, where's he?

And I cannot find the so-called Bolli, where's he?

I happened to find him just standing around during the day in the market area, over by the dark elf lady that sells food. He's also the owner of the Riften Fishery so you might find him there as well.