Riften, How do you buy the house?

Xevara

Umm, I have another problem with buying Honeyside. I've completed Wujeeta's quests, 5 misc riften quests. the jarl said to buy the house off her steward and come back... but the steward doesnt have the option to buy? wtf how can I fix this.

dont say use console "setstage FreeformRiftenThane 200" because that just unlocks the house, sticks my housecarl in but doesnt give me the option to buy accessories for the house....

been pulling out my hair for 2.5 hours. I dont want to do the civil war quests just to change the jarl and have another go

@AtlasS - What time of day are you asking? The stewards for some reason seem only to want to offer housing and upgrades during certain hours (I first noticed this in Whiterun). Try either waiting an hour, or checking in between 8am-8pm, or wait by the hour in between that time span til she offers it to you.

@AtlasS - What time of day are you asking? The stewards for some reason seem only to want to offer housing and upgrades during certain hours (I first noticed this in Whiterun). Try either waiting an hour, or checking in between 8am-8pm, or wait by the hour in between that time span til she offers it to you.

I started at 0:00 and waited in hour intervals. asking each time. got to 0:00 again and nothing. thanks for the quick reply though, hopefully my solution comes just as fast

Atlast, have you completed the raid on the warehouse? If so, which quests have you completed?

There's the firesalts quest for the blacksmith,

The quest with Saphire and Shadr (I think that's his name),

The quest with the two argonians in the tavern,

The quest with Bollis where you have to send his order to Silver Blood Inn at Markath,

and Wujeeta's quest.

Can anyone else think of more miscellaneous quests for him to do?

Also, try speaking to the guy at the Temple of Mara in Riften and telling him you want to get married. That might help.

I've done:

Wujeeta's quests(both)

firesalts for the blacksmith

sapphire and shadr(although I picked to say "sorry i couldnt persuade her" cos im the thieves guildmaster)

getting dibella marks to show Haelga(sp?)

get ore for the woman in the alchemist store

Deliver the trade agreement for Bolli

(then it said talk to the jarl, so i did)

dealt with the skooma trade issue

got told i'd be the thane once i bought my house,

turned the the steward... no "buy house" or equivelent option

and i'm already married, to Ignun Black-briar

Edited by AtlasS

I've done:

Wujeeta's quests(both)

firesalts for the blacksmith

sapphire and shadr(although I picked to say "sorry i couldnt persuade her" cos im the thieves guildmaster)

getting dibella marks to show Haelga(sp?)

get ore for the woman in the alchemist store

Deliver the trade agreement for Bolli

(then it said talk to the jarl, so i did)

dealt with the skooma trade issue

got told i'd be the thane once i bought my house,

turned the the steward... no "buy house" or equivelent option

and i'm already married, to Ignun Black-briar

The only remaining thing I can suggest (and would be the smartest thing to do) is finish the rest of the misc. quests. I reccommend (Cause there the ones I did and I was able to buy the house) Helping the argonians craft a wedding ring [Help Talen-Jei craft an Argonian Wedding Ring by bringing him three flawless amethysts], Balimund's sowrd [Pick up Harrald's Sword from Balimund.] and also, help the alchemist's wife find her ore. I can't seem to find the quest on the Wiki but it's definitely a misc. quest; I also helped Louis Letrush get his horse named "Frost" or whatever.

Here's the wiki page that should help you with the rest of the quests: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Riften

Good luck :]

At first, I couldn't buy the Riften house so I decided to join the Thieve's guild and live there. When I finished all the Thieve's guild quests, I went to the Jarl's steward just to check it out again. Then there was an option to buy it and since I had 10,000 gold, I bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

What a pain in the butt getting this house is, done more than 7 misc quests and still no quest from Jarl or steward. I just want the riften house so i can bone Mjoll for the first time.

My nord guy has balls the size of gourds, poor guy.

dont say use console "setstage FreeformRiftenThane 200" because that just unlocks the house, sticks my housecarl in but doesnt give me the option to buy accessories for the house....

I have a similar problem that your console command may fix for me.

I have the house, bought all the accessories, but can't get the housecarl to show up. I have a quest entry to talk to the Jarl, but only the normal dialog options are there.

Isn't there also an activate command that might do the same thing?

Codunt buy it at first too.

Did some small quests in riften (like the quests for the both argonians), startet the skooma quest and did the meeting at high hrotgar (gave riften to the imperials). After that i coud buy it withhout becoming jarl first.

edit: oh, and i startet the thief guild quests. But just the first one.

Edited by Cyrotek