How do you marry Lydia?

XunAmarox

I have the Amulet of Mara, and it seems her dialog option never comes up with anything new. I've read that at some point during the main quest (or perhaps some random point or random trigger?) she'll get a personal quest you need to complete before she'll become interested, but I've yet to do that. On my first character, I beat the entire main quest and never got a dialog change.

So if there is a personal quest, anyone have any idea what the console command might be to set the stage to the quest being active so I can do it and get on with things?

Or with a less technical approach, what triggers her personal quest to start?

personaly i would not marry her she is a warrior and her death = u being a loner anyway. i married a trader which was from riverwood she worked at traders place so when i married asked to move to my house she said that will open up a shop. now she gives some gold from time to time when i come back from my adventures sometimes i get 100,200,400 gold depends how long i take in my adventures. so be careful with ur wife idk if other wifes open up shops.

On the bright side, if nobody else wants her you can feel special.

Also, I have no idea how to initiate her romance.

(but if you want to avoid her death, you could always avoid adventuring with her until the construction set releases. Then you can make her essential or whatever.)

On the bright side, if nobody else wants her you can feel special.

Also, I have no idea how to initiate her romance.

(but if you want to avoid her death, you could always avoid adventuring with her until the construction set releases. Then you can make her essential or whatever.)

You can make her essential with the console, she's been everywhere with me. She's been battered by Frost Trolls, barbecued by Dragons and clobbered by Mammoths. SetEssential 000A2C8E 1