• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,851 posts
NMM Source Forge project page

As you know, NMM is released under a GPL license that means it's open source for everyone to see and use (under copy-left terms).

Thus far NMM has been coded solely by Kaburke, with some help from cancausecancer, and it's been a mammoth effort...and there's still a crap-ton of things left to do. NMM is, most likely, a project that will never be complete. There's always some new features that could make the program better, and we've got lots of stuff we'd like to do. And we'd like help. I fear for Kaburke's health.

I have setup a project on Source Forge that is going to contain the source code for NMM, along with an SVN and discussion boards that we hope to use to coordinate any help and provide support separate from these forums specifically for any programmers that might like to help us. The code/SVN should be up shortly and I'll update this thread when it's available.

Both myself and Kaburke are available on MSN (I'm also available on AIM and Astra) if you'd like to talk with us personally about helping with development. I know a few people have expressed an interest in the code/SVN, but whether that means you're interested in helping I'm not sure.

What's in it for you? Well, it depends on how much help you can give. I can provide some financial or other incentives for developers that really do help us out...but that's something we can talk about if needs be.

If you're interested in helping us develop NMM further then please get in contact by replying to this thread or PM'ing me

Thanks.

DaWorldRu

DaWorldRu

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I can help with russian translation if you want.

Cavemanmd

Cavemanmd

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts

First off I would like to say sorry if I am posting this to the wrong place. Not sure if all knows this or not. NMM will not list and extra information about the mod, If the Name of the Zip file is Different then then name that is on the Nexus mod page. So I guess what I am trying to say is this, If all name their zip files the same as their page name NMM will list information. Then I guess all optional files and other things like mods plug-ins and other stuff. that listed on the same page as mod in Question. That " GET MISSING MOD INFO" could have another line or something that list parent address. So it will take you to the same place and list info in NMM. 

I hope all understand this as to what i mean by this.

BrainInBlack

BrainInBlack

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Hey there.

The current "design", if you can speak of a design, is kinda messy and not very user friendly. I needs streamlining and a unified look. And that's where i would like to help, i.e. supplying only the UI part of the application. Why? I really don't wanna mess with the current code-base, simply because it's above my current ability. I mainly work as a webdev, on smaller tools, that will help me doing my job ;D

I would supply a fully functional Winforms based design, or WPF if prefered. Including a unified design, for all elements that will be required.

If you're interested, drop me a pm and i will give you my contact data, so that we can work out the details.

Greetings BrainInBlack

sErgEantaEgis

sErgEantaEgis

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hum... hi everyone.

This is the first time I post here. 

I'm a native French speaker and I'm perfectly builingual (French and English).

I know it's not much, but I'd like to help translate the Mod Manager in French. It couldn't hurt would it?

I mean it's already in Dutch too.

E-mail me at charloupidou@hotmail.com if you're interested. It will be much more convenient for me to do this via e-mail. 

Page loaded in: 1.065 seconds