Castlevania Mod Part 2

darksoulx5

Okay I have all of the characters worked out and I plan to add these things. It may take a while but I am not so sure. Before I even start...no the gravity boots and no god items like the crissegrim will not be in the game but items such as Death's Sythe will be.

:blink: Characters-

Good- Trevor Belmont, Alucard Tapes, Hector

Evil- Dracula Tapes, Death, Issac

Unknown- St. Germain

Locations-

Castle Entrance

Chapel

Alchemy Lab

Caverns

Underground Cemetary

Clocktower

InnerQuarters

Tower of Blood

Tower of Pain

The Keep

Libary

:blink: Bosses-

Lich-Alchemy Lab

Wraith- Chapel

Joachim- Caverns

Skeleton Trio- Underground Cemetary

St.Germain- Clocktower

Issac-Innerquarters and the Keep

Death- the Keep

Dracula-the Keep

I just now need to make a storyline to follow these bosses and ideas. There is going to be ALOT of custom weapons, armor, clothing and ect. For the weapons is going to be close to Oblivion's set of leveled weapons such as Iron to Steel to Dawarven. You will start out with the weapons you came with but Death like in SoTN will steal them away...all of it (That skeleton basterd! lol). You will start out with wooden weapons. You fans will notice several weapons that match SoTN such as Red Rust and Mourneblade! Punch gloves will be included like in SoTN. It will be a massive castle....and will not be leveled making the expernace a little harder. I haven't decided yet what Dracula's three last forms will be it will possibly be a super strong lich...then a SUPER HUGE Dreamora with wings.

Q- Will Dracula have a beard?

A- Yes

Q- Will it be hard?

A- Depends on the location.

Q- How long will it be?

A- Very Very Long I hope.

Q- Will the storyline be romantic?

A- No but it will have dramanic talking scenes.

You guys will be sorry when you dont post becuse this will be a massive mod. Castlevania will take a foot hold in Oblivion because of me. Hay if you contribute I will give you credit. If you guys dont know what castlevania is look up castlevania on google its one of the most gothic style games a person can play. Hay most anime derive from it....Devil May Cry is a losy version of it. The mod will defenly be realsed but with people just skimming over...it wont be as good.

For those who wish to be invoved pm your ideas and comments.

Someone beat you to a Castlevania mod, though admittedly not as large a one as this. Saying Castlevania will take a foothold in Oblivion because of you is a bit... Overdoing it, I think. Castle of Night.

Don't get me wrong, this mod sounds really good, but I don't really know enough about the series to even suggest anything... Aside from A: Having your equipment stolen for any space of time is a pain. At least triply so if you can't avoid it, and the player could still use "quest item" equipment, which can only be removed specifically. Which is about impossible, if you factor in modded-in quest items/broken quests. It also harms some characters more than others, depending on class. Really, it partially screws over those who work to create a great player character, equipment and all. Quests/questlines/dungeons/whatever else you want it to be is fine, but forcing a "fresh start" on the player is a monstrous frustration. Especially if you actually plan on making it available only to established characters with static levels.

Also, B: Keep in mind, while not making something leveled can add challenge, it can also make it a cakewalk for the ultra high-level "endgame" characters out there. A nice compromise might be setting the minimum leveled-cap to something around 20, if you really want it to be "challenging", and sacrifice accessibility to new characters in exchange for not making Dracula look like a wuss under certain circumstances.

If you need help with scripting/quest-programming/basic textures I'd be glad to oblige, but can't really help in any other way, and I would imagine you would have already had all this covered if you plan on such a large project... If not, you might want to start smaller.

You guys will be sorry when you dont post becuse this will be a massive mod. Castlevania will take a foot hold in Oblivion because of me. Hay if you contribute I will give you credit. If you guys dont know what castlevania is look up castlevania on google its one of the most gothic style games a person can play. Hay most anime derive from it....Devil May Cry is a losy version of it. The mod will defenly be realsed but with people just skimming over...it wont be as good.

For those who wish to be invoved pm your ideas and comments.

A lot of Oblivion players have huge ideas and huge ambitions for modding. Barely any of them manage to do what they plan (including me). I have a great idea that I'm going to try to get somebody who would know how to to make. I know nothing about any mods you've made but 20$ says you don't manage to make a mod like you describe.

It may not look like it but it took me a long time to get started...Yah the death thing was kind of ify and went over all the problems with it. I also downloaded several castlevania mods. One I liked but had no storyline. Login if I need any script help I will pm you. This will take me a while... The name will be Castlevania: Sonata of Fate.

I know nothing about any mods you've made but 20$ says you don't manage to make a mod like you describe.
That's not really fair, is it? Stuff always changes along the way. He was even asking for suggestions. It does seem like a lot of work, but far from insurmountable if he's as determined as he sounds.

...Now I'm curious, though. What's your idea?

If anything to do with Alucard the coolest hero of any castlevania one word "Cool" Spells would be great too the ones Alucard uses. + his Armor & Clothes hmm thats hard to live upto.

Yes I am planing to add tons of weapons from SoTN the realy bad ones and the realy good ones. The castle will be very similar to SoTN but will have infulnces from IoL. From Logins advice I have decided to go with a auto-level/set level style. The auto-level style will be for harder creatures such as bosses and armor lords. Set level will be used for easy zombies and skeletons since zombies are some of the easiest monsters in the castlevania relm.

The only problem I am facing now is how to start it....I am planing for the player to meet the ghost of Rinaldo Gandolfi, and he will tell the story of dracula and the belmonts. After speeking he will ask you if you want to help Trevor hunt down a devil forge master in the castle. But how to get there! I am thinking of a bed that transports you there. The reason for teleportation is that I want the player to not realsie where the caslte is located. Second, I suck suck repeat suck with worldspace stuff and it crashes my computer so......indoor cell is the way for me.

Just finished the cabin. I am now starting on the castle entrance. I have also figured out how to start the quest, it will start by you talking to the ghost of Rinaldo and entering the water towards the end of the cabin. I got this idea from Constitine...where he uses water to travel to and from hell. I will start adding screenshots.

Now I have also decided to make Vampire age less and look younger...and decrease cell respawn time to about 18 hours.

:starwars:

:stupid:

Archived