Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,788 posts
FOMM users

The Nexus Client is compatible with FOMM. To install NMM:

• Install NMM.
  • Uninstall FOMM.
  • Start NMM, making sure to use same Mods and Install Info paths as in FOMM.

The order of steps 1 and 2 don't actually matter.

If you already have NMM installed, just install the latest version over top; there is no need to uninstall the old version.

OBMM users

NMM is not compatible with OBMM. If you would like to use NMM to manage your Oblivion mods please:

• Uninstall all Oblivion mods.
  • Uninstall OBMM.
  • Start NMM for Oblivion.
  • Add and reactivate all mods.

Kaburke can explain this issue much better than I can, but in a nutshell, if you install NMM over the top of your current OBMM then you won't be able to uninstall any previously installed mods. Even if you activate and deactivate them. This is obviously an issue and ideally we don't want to be handling support for this.

Your other option is to continue using OBMM for Oblivion but use NMM for the other Nexus games. You can do this no problem (so use OBMM for Oblivion, and NMM for Skyrim, for example). Ideally we'd love you to be beta testing NMM and just NMM, but we understand some of you don't want to uninstall and reinstall hundreds of mods. So it's your choice.

hyno111

hyno111

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 5 posts
What about OBMMex and Wyre Bash?Can I continue to use Wyre Bash after installing NMM?

Paxan_1

Paxan_1

Nexus Blondie

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
Hi all,

i wanted to mention that you don't need to uninstall FOMM, i'm using NMM and FOMM together since the first days of the beta and never had any issues because of it. FOMM was always my backup if i run into trouble with the NMM. But, of course, to be on the save site, follow Mr. Scotts instructions :)

Sarah

archerarcher

archerarcher

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Hi all,

i wanted to mention that you don't need to uninstall FOMM, i'm using NMM and FOMM together since the first days of the beta and never had any issues because of it. FOMM was always my backup if i run into trouble with the NMM. But, of course, to be on the save site, follow Mr. Scotts instructions :)

Sarah

I tried to install FOMM but I only hat the choice to select Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas during install. Is there a new version or a hint how to handle Skyrim with FOMM??
And I can't find a package manager in NMM to create FOMODs. As long as there is no package manager in NMM it is absolute useless for me.

Edited by archerarcher, 16 November 2011 - 12:55 PM.

BAPACop

BAPACop

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

FOMM users

The Nexus Client is compatible with FOMM. To install NMM:

• Install NMM.
  • Uninstall FOMM.
  • Start NMM, making sure to use same Mods and Install Info paths as in FOMM.

The order of steps 1 and 2 don't actually matter.

Uninstalling FOMM deleted all my FOMODs and all install info files. That makes using the same paths rather useless.

I tried to install FOMM but I only hat the choice to select Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas during install. Is there a new version or a hint how to handle Skyrim with FOMM??

FOMM stands for Fallout Mod Manager. So it won't work with Skyrim, as Skyrim is not a Fallout game.

Fonger

Fonger

Phantom Parot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,465 posts

What about OBMMex and Wyre Bash?Can I continue to use Wyre Bash after installing NMM?

wrye bash seems to work fine with NMM
(user observation)

but obviously - wouldn't use wrye bash to install mods

activation and BOSS handling work fine

Edited by Fonger, 16 November 2011 - 04:24 PM.

olha2

olha2

Its not my game its Yours mod it to Your liking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
if i use OBMM do i have to UNINSTAL all my mods or jus the mods that are installed tru omod?

BAPACop

BAPACop

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

if i use OBMM do i have to UNINSTAL all my mods or jus the mods that are installed tru omod?

If you ever want to uninstall the mods ever again, you should. NMM won't keep the list of active OMODs.

MarcusDubious

MarcusDubious

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
Why must I login to the Nexus Website?

AxelDominatoR

AxelDominatoR

Mad Scientist

• Admin
  • 261 posts

Why must I login to the Nexus Website?

You can't download files bigger than 2MB if you are not logged in.

Page loaded in: 1.039 seconds