• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

kaburke

kaburke

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

I heard from a couple of other sources (one being gophers video), that archive invalidation is unnecessary in Skyrim. I thought initially that the textures weren't installing properly because I couldn't toggle AI but on closer examination of my Skyrim/data folder I realized that the mods I installed via the NMM mod manager weren't installed properly because they weren't structured in such a way that was conducive to that application of NMM. So a word of advice to anybody who wants to install a mod via the mod manager in NMM, download the mod manually first to examine the folder structure. If it doesn't consist of a folder labeled "data" that then contains any one or more of the following folder types meshes, menus, textures, interface, sound, video, or any necessary esp's then the mod manager may not install it properly. The most common problem I came across was mods contained in a folder with the mods name on it. They would go into the Skyrim/data folder but then the folders contained in them wouldn't go where they needed to go so mods like that are either best installed manually or re-zipped in an appropriate format so the mod manager will install them properly. So long story short, if anybody runs into the same problem I had take a look in your Skyrim/data folder first.

It sounds like you aren't using the most current version of NMM: I fixed the issue you are describing. If you are still experiencing ithis problem after upgrading, please post a bug report so I can get rid of this issue once and for all.

nynik

nynik

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 520 posts

I'm not very knowledgeable about AI etc, but I have encountered an occurance were I had uninstalled/reinstalled NMM a few times (different versions) and then went about installing various texture replacers. Long story short, I encountered texture issues which I solved by enabling the archive inval option in NMM - which had not been enabled due to reinstall etc.

So for me, having NMM activate it solved my texture issues (for what the replacers replaced) - for whats thats worth.

Do you know which version of NMM you were using when you used AI to fix your texture issues?

It would have been 0.12.05 if I recall correctly. Although, I will also say, the purple texture issue could as easily just come about because of a ram shortage or such due to using such high quality texture replacers (Chris's text pack in particular)... but Toggling AI did solve it in my case. Hopefully some more people will reply. But, I'd easily accept it was a fluke for me tbh.

zjj520

zjj520

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
O may good~

reaper9111

reaper9111

CANDYNATOR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
I think there;s something wrong guys...
Recently, i've replaced the Necromancer's Robe folder (textures and Meshes) with the greybeard 's one and my new texture of the greybeard .
Everythings fine so far, I wasnt satified of my retextures, i then toke the Journayman's Robe meshes with a new custom texture to replace it again with the Necromancer's folder... and now the game is using the Original meshe of the necro robe with my 2nd texture replacement... So if this isnt an Archieve Invalidation Bug, then what it is ???
I even run the NexusMM's Archieve invalidation tool... NOTHING... i still see the original necro robe meshe with my texture all distored on it ...Any tips, idea or whatever i should know ?
Thanks Guys !

Reaper

BaconCat

BaconCat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
I've just tested this with sounds and it works without any fiddling for Skyrim.

kadi70

kadi70

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
as in a game on the keyboard to change the language? there is not working.
как в игре на клавиатуре изменить язык? там не работает.

Page loaded in: 1.141 seconds