• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Belazor

Belazor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hey all,

Currently, if you click Yes to accept an update, NMM will still be running and it's up to us to close it manually. I would like to see either just the feature, or an option, to automatically close NMM when you've agreed to the update :)

Course, it would be better if it had internal updating rather than requiring a "reinstall"... :whistling:

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,825 posts
I'm moving this to the "Recommended suggestions" forum as I agree with the sentiment. Hopefully it will be explored by the development team at some point :thumbsup:

Trigonous

Trigonous

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
+1 from me, I was going to make a new suggestion until I did a quick check and saw this.

DarkSavante

DarkSavante

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Agree with the suggestion.

sabman10

sabman10

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
is there some where I can make a suggestion for a mod?

Yes, in the mod request forum for the game you want to request a mod for - each game we support has its own request section. Posted Image

lp rob1

lp rob1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
The only problem I see with this strategy is that sometimes you want to do multiple updates. Starting NMM takes an awfully long time (for whatever reason) so repeatedly starting then closing it would be a massive slow down. It would need some kind of small updater utility program that only does updating.

Course, it would be better if it had internal updating rather than requiring a "reinstall"... :whistling:

I made a suggestion that could remedy this - see this thread

vulchor

vulchor

• Premium Member
  • 13 posts
+1 from me. Its just a little thing, but certainly would take a bit of hassle out of updating the NMM software. To the dev team: Keep up the great work, with the exception of the 0.15.x bugs, I'm loving this software! I own all the games that NMM supports, and can't wait for it to become the main way all mods are applied for these great Beth games! I've been coming to the Nexus sites since Oblivion, and I will NEVER use SteamWorks.

pathi

pathi

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
nice suggestion

Korodic

Korodic

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,646 posts
agreed.

KitKan

KitKan

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 7 posts
Yeah a automatic close option in the installer would be appreciated - maybe just a checkbox would do?

Page loaded in: 1.377 seconds