One HUD - oHUD

• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

DavidL91

DavidL91

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thanks man, that worked. I had to do a clean install of NV recently and was really missing this mod.

RichyB

RichyB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
@LndR182 I make it so, but I have version 3 beta2 of NVSE and it's also giving me the error. (An exeception occured in the script.)

lordblak360

lordblak360

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Awesome mod. Thanks Gopher for your online tutorials and this mod!!!

DeathclawAlpha

DeathclawAlpha

Deathclaw Alpha Male

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
I can't thank you enough for this mod. Especially the essential combat advantage it brings - my health only appearing at a certain threshold makes me worry less of it.

MajorDick

MajorDick

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 100 posts
For those having trouble with the compass disappearing and/or not being able to adjust/move anything with the built-in aHUD, and/or or issues in general, then follow these steps carefully:

Step 1) Start fresh by DeActivating the following:

- Unified HUD
- oHUD
- DarNified UI.
- Project Nevada
- Mod Configuration Menu (MCM)

Step 2) A ‘Clean Game Save’ must be created at this point.

NOTE: Assuming you are using FOMOD or NMM to launch Fallout New Vegas, be sure you uncheck any thing that may be tied to Project Nevada for example (i.e. Dragonskin Tactical Outfit for Project Nevada (DTO - Project Nevada)), or the game will crash upon launch.

Once in the game, create a new/clean game save (I think this is one of the most important steps other than the activate/install order).

Step 3) Activate and/or Install the following in the EXACT order as recommended by Gopher on his oHUD Fallout New Vegas Nexus page.

1st) Activate Darnified UI.
2nd) Activate Project Nevada
3rd) Activate Mod Configuration Menu (MCM)
4th) Activate One HUD (oHUD)
5th) Activate Unified HUD
6th) You must start the game from the new/clean game save you created in ‘Step 2’ and continue playing the game from that point on.

It should all work now. I did read Gopher’s recommended install instructions, and numerous comments on the oHUD page, but I kept ending up without the compass; the bracket was there, but the compass was missing. I spent numerous hours and attempts trying to get it to work, but then found that creating the new/clean game save was the key to get everything to work together correctly. Sigh……

I hope that helps everyone that was stuck and pulling their hair out like I was.

Gopher: One thing I did notice consistently with all my different attempts, was that once everything is installed and working correctly, and I deactivate UnifiedHUD (ONLY), and then ReActivate UnifiedHUD, there won’t be a check mark by Project Nevada during the installation process even though I didn’t Deactivate and/or uninstall Project Nevada. I then have to start all over again for some reason or another.

Ebak

Ebak

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hello Gopher, love your videos and I have been following your work a lot.

However I have run into a problem with the latest version of many of your mods. It seems the NMM is no longer able to properly install certain FOMOD files. No idea why, but it results in an error of "An exception occured in the script." followed by a long string of details I know nothing about.

I've looked online and so far people suggest I use the FOMM to install it instead. However when I go to add a FOMOD to the package manager, I get an error reading:

"Something bad seems to have happened. As long as it wasn't too bad, a crash dump will have been saved in.." yadayadayada.

Tried reinstalling both programs to no avail. Do you have any reccomendations? This new bug has sadly driven my modding of the game to a completely standstill halt.

Many other mods are also showing this kind of incompatibility, such as:
CINEMATECH
The Directors Chair
The Mod Configuration Menu
Project Nevada
Project Nevada Extra Options
Radar Mod
The Weapon Mod Menu

quite heavy hitters in there it seems. Any advice you can offer?

Brigand231

Brigand231

Your worst daydream

• Premium Member
  • 27,071 posts

Ebak, on 13 Mar 2013 - 18:59, said:
I've looked online and so far people suggest I use the FOMM to install it instead. However when I go to add a FOMOD to the package manager, I get an error reading:

FOMM and NMM will apparently try to use some of the same folders unless told to do otherwise. It's been so long since I've installed it so can't be specific, but you might be able to install FOMM to an alternate destination and when installed, go into your options and create new working directories for things other than the defaults listed. Literally speaking, it seems NMM was sort do designed to conflict with FOMM in that regard :(

Ebak

Ebak

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
In response to post #7571087.

Thanks Brigand, sadly doing that doesn't seem to be working, I still get an unexpected error message with FOMM.

djdogg32

djdogg32

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Turns out the reason why the compass is disappearing. or for me, is that my DarNified UI was test version 2 instead of 4. Reinstalling using test version 4 fixed that problem for me.

sasukegor

sasukegor

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
One Hud to rule them all LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.267 seconds