9 replies to this topic

Tarm

Tarm

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
Greetings.

Anyone know if it's possible to get Ysolda as the owner of The Bannered Mare? The current innkeeper is thinking about retiring and Ysolda wants to make enough money to buy it so I'm curious if there's a quest for that. Would be fun if it was possible and afterwards marry her. :)

Nosferatu948

Nosferatu948

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Dont think its possible to get Ysolda to own the Bannered Mare, but I did buy a house in Whiterun. Then got hitched to Ysolda. gives you 100 gold a day from the store she somehow owns now.

Tarm

Tarm

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
Ya I did that too. But I'm searching for someone to marry that have a shop that's not in the house or have something else to do except hanging around the house all the time.

knightofheaven

knightofheaven

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I married Aela the huntress and she also have a shop, but during the day she isnt Home, its on the companions HD doing her thing. :P
also if you wait awhile and do not visit her, or request money from the shop, you will get a lot of gold, there was one time she got me 3500 gold from the shop, i was so happy. :) ahh love my Huntress.

Edited by knightofheaven, 20 November 2011 - 12:15 AM.

Tarm

Tarm

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
Good to know. I'll have to try a Companion then.
Think I'll go with that Nadja Stonearm or something. She doesn't sound like the disgustingly mushy type. :)

jav224

jav224

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hello, i did some research and if your still inerested i saw this on the skyrim wiki:
"Ysolda says she wishes to buy the Bannered Mare from Hulda, and if Hulda is killed, Ysolda does take over as landlady."
i haven' tried i myself but i'm prety sure it will work.
also, you could try asking some of the modders if they can make a mod where that happens...
anyway hope i helped

Dovahkiin069

Dovahkiin069

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

hello, i did some research and if your still inerested i saw this on the skyrim wiki:
"Ysolda says she wishes to buy the Bannered Mare from Hulda, and if Hulda is killed, Ysolda does take over as landlady."
also, you could try asking some of the modders if they can make a mod where that happens...
anyway hope i helped

Hey man, i tried to do this and worked! I killed her with my bow,then Ysolda run to see what happen and she says:´´Oh...what happened?``, then she run to the balcony, then i speaked to her and appear in the dialogue that the character would like to rent a room.So you see?Killing Hulda will do Ysolda the owner.( but you will be killing an innocent)

tetradite

tetradite

The Last Poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

anyway hope i helped

Hey man, i tried to do this and worked! I killed her with my bow,then Ysolda run to see what happen and she says:´´Oh...what happened?``, then she run to the balcony, then i speaked to her and appear in the dialogue that the character would like to rent a room.So you see?Killing Hulda will do Ysolda the owner.( but you will be killing an innocent)

Yep, I believe it's he same for Muiri and the Apothecary's shop in Markarth too.

Stemin

Stemin

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts
Lots of NPC's have replacements. On this my fourth character, I never even had a chance to deal with that feminine fop that runs the fletching shop. He must have gotten killed while I wasn't there or something because his assistant has been running it since I first entered the city. Likewise the one sister from Radiant Rainment is missing.

Perraine

Perraine

Knight from a far off Land

• Premium Member
  • 1,035 posts
Before getting carried away with making Ysolda the proprietor if the Bannered Mare you may want to look at the "bugs" section here... Not sure about the other "replacements", I guess you could check their pages while you're at the Wiki ...

Page loaded in: 1.338 seconds