Help: Skyrim "data files" unclickable

kiekieboek

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read some of the comments and followed some directions about the "SkyrimPrefs.ini" and editing a line under the launcher brackets but now I can't start my game. Neither the Skyrim launcher nor TESV works. It loads up and just disapears like it never started up. To make sure it wasn't my game, I deleted the edit made in the "SkyrimPrefs.ini" text/configuration and the game worked perfectly. I just don't understand.

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. :psyduck:

Yes, yes. So much YES and Thank you. I have been trying for so long to get these mods to work on Windows 7 and you gave me the final piece of the puzzle. Again, Thank you for the help.

I added it and now the game crashes when i start it.

I read some of the comments and followed some directions about the "SkyrimPrefs.ini" and editing a line under the launcher brackets but now I can't start my game. Neither the Skyrim launcher nor TESV works. It loads up and just disapears like it never started up. To make sure it wasn't my game, I deleted the edit made in the "SkyrimPrefs.ini" text/configuration and the game worked perfectly. I just don't understand.

I had the same issue. I found that if certain .esps were enable, my game would crash after the bethesda logo showed up. I suspect that it crashed due to conflicts between the esps. I loaded each esp individually and checked to see if it crashed the game.

I'm not sure if it'll help, but here's my load order. The esps that caused me to crash on startup have been bolded. Although I'm sure our load orders are very different, perhaps disabling some of your esps will help?

ArmedttTeeth.esm

AttTShields.esp

Cloaks.esp

CrowdedCities.esp

Expanded Towns and Settlements.esp

FastTravelFromIndoors.esp

Height Adjust Races with True Giants.esp

Immersive Patrols

Jswords.esm

LevelersTower.esp

LFArmors.esp

Omegared99-Compilation.esp

Omegared99-LvLList-CompOnly.esp

Omegared99-Warmage.esp

Perfect Whiterun_outside district

PrometheusCapes_armorsfix.esp

Skyrim.esm

SoS - The Dungeons.esp

SoS- The Wilds.esp

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

warmagearmor.esp

WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esp

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

For some reason this didn't work for me, in the SkyrimPrefs.ini I didn't have the lines bShowAllResolutions=0, and uLastAspectRatio=2, All I had was bEnableFileSelection=1, :S

EDIT* I also didn't have anouther [Launcher] in the middle of the SkyrimPrefs.ini.

**EDIT** Okay, no more worries, I was looking in the wrong files.... Thankyou everyone who helped me trouble shoot this :) Now my Skyrim laggs like crap with all my lovely mods xD jk, My Skyrim is fine :3

Edited by RoistyRoo

Alright guys, this is for everyone who has the razor1911 version of skyrim, or any other form of torrented version. If you are having trouble with your mods, and you can't access the "Data Files" tab of your skyrim launcher, you need to know something. For the file "bEnableFileSelection=1" that you need to install under "Launcher", there are two "Launcher" tabs. To find the correct one, press "ctrl + f" and search for "Launcher". The first one selected is the one you are looking for. Paste the line underneath it, right before the next tab, which should be "Water" (It was for me). Now save the Skyrimprefs.ini file and start up skyrim. The "data files tab should now be white, and should be clickable. Hope this helped.

Where did you find your Skyrimprefs.ini file....Appdata??

I have win7, this didn't work for me, also when I try to change it to "0" it says access is denied after I click save, I'm running as admin, also, I tried running in compatibility mode for xp to see if I could get any differet result, and got none. please please help!!!!!!

im having the same problem. nothing seems to work

Hi

everything is ok now , i just used the skyrim launcher (without NMM) and choosed the data file needed ... otherwise nothing work ! NMM not work correctly (strange)

First , the data files in skyrim launcher wasn't enable, so i just added this line (bEnableFileSelection=1) in skyrimpref.ini ; like that :

(Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

bEnableFileSelection=1

and everything work great !

Thank you all

Edited by segomil

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

This works for me. Thanks a lot.