kiekieboek

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif

this worked for me !!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I have been having the same issue where data files is greyed out. It is making me very angry, as I just bought all the dlc. I have windows 8 and am running skyrim on steam. I have tried literally everything that was mentioned. I have tried found my skyrimprefs.ini in my games and changed the enablefileselection line to the top, middle, and bottom and have even downloaded a new skyrimprefs.ini. I don't think this issue is related to my prefs, though. I have reinstalled skyrim many times as well. Please help me! I really need a fix.

Hello,

I just got The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim as a gift from a friend on Steam. I decided I wanted the DLC, so I purchased the Legendary expansion pack. After it was fully installed, I went to play the game, however the data files option was greyed out. This is very irritating, because I had just used almost $50. After investigating the issue, I found many "solutions" that didn't help me at all. I tried reinstalling skyrim and editing the data selection option in the SkyrimPrefs.ini file in all of my Skyrim folders (the steam install and the documents/my games folder) to no avail. I have tried many other tactics of getting the button to work, but it didn't help. Please help me.

Thank you, Gabe.

• 2 months later...

Guys, I could use some help, because nothing seems to work.

I am working in the SkyrimPrefs.ini located in the My Documents folder. (I also tried editing the .ini in the install folder, but that didnt have any effect)

At the moment, my .ini in the My Documents folder looks like this:

[blurShader]

bUseBlurShader=0

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

[Water]

Different posts in this topic suggest different values for

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

I have tried all combinations on this one, with bEnableFileSelection=1 as a constant. Does not work.

I think I have tried all suggestions, but nothing seems to work (except from a reinstall, not sure if I want to do that yet). Any new suggestions? Im stumped on this.

Same issue here, only mine looks like this in the file from My Games/Skyrim.

bEnableFileSelection=1

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=4

Tried changing the first line in this list in the case of both files, and the Launcher STILL won't budge on that one damn option. :sad:

Edited by Zephyra13

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif

Well THIS^^ is the guide that works. Thank you, Sir.

I have win7, this didn't work for me, also when I try to change it to "0" it says access is denied after I click save, I'm running as admin, also, I tried running in compatibility mode for xp to see if I could get any differet result, and got none. please please help!!!!!!

Sounds like the file is read only. Try right clicking on each ini and choosing properties, make sure the ReadOnly and Hidden check boxes are not set. I would recommend putting ReadOnly on after you are done editing them though.

I have win7, this didn't work for me, also when I try to change it to "0" it says access is denied after I click save, I'm running as admin, also, I tried running in compatibility mode for xp to see if I could get any differet result, and got none. please please help!!!!!!

Sounds like the file is read only. Try right clicking on each ini and choosing properties, make sure the ReadOnly and Hidden check boxes are not set. I would recommend putting ReadOnly on after you are done editing them though.

Decided to try this too, since I forgot I installed win7 recently. I checked on both the one in Documents/MyGames/Skyrim and Steam/Steamapps/common/Skyrim. The option still won't budge in my case. :sad: