can my pc run skyrim?

gunslinger6792

I have a laptop that is not a gaming laptop. it can play vegas on medium settings perhaps even the medium highish settings though it dosn't wan't to lol. my laptop specs are Processor intel ® Core i3 CPU M350 @2.27 GHz installed RAM is 4gb with 3.8 usable 64 bit OS windows 7 i have Intel ® graphics media accelerator HD and the approx. total memory is 1696 MB any help would be loved. i don't feel like spending 60 dollars on skyrim to find out it can't run did that once with mass effect 1 and 2

I have a laptop that is not a gaming laptop. it can play vegas on medium settings perhaps even the medium highish settings though it dosn't wan't to lol. my laptop specs are Processor intel ® Core i3 CPU M350 @2.27 GHz installed RAM is 4gb with 3.8 usable 64 bit OS windows 7 i have Intel ® graphics media accelerator HD and the approx. total memory is 1696 MB any help would be loved. i don't feel like spending 60 dollars on skyrim to find out it can't run did that once with mass effect 1 and 2

My laptop is a 1 Ghz AMD C-50 dual core, with 4 gigs ram, and a Radeon HD 6250M. That, by the way, is below the minimum specs required in terms of processor speed.

It runs Skyrim "just fine" on low settings, though I'm sure many would complain about some frame rate issues and the occasional lag. But it's perfectly playable, as was New Vegas for me.

Your problem might be the graphics card, however, but if its comparable to the Radeon HD 6250M in stats, you should have no issues.

If Mass Effect 2 don't run with your machine, I don't think this game would be very well playable, also CPU requirements are higher than in ME2. Edited by ScorpionHunter

guess i won't be getting skyrim then :yucky:

Check the system requirements for New Vegas, and compare them to Skyrim.

Like I said, I don't fulfill either of them, but the game still runs on my computer. If you can run New Vegas, odds are very good you can run Skyrim too - the graphics are extremely similar, and I would even say that Skyrim runs smoother than New Vegas did for me...

I ran Fallout 3 with a single core, and AGP card, with 2GB ram, on Vista. Even Shogun 2, and GTA 4... I considered it "playable". But I knew in Skyrim I wouldn't have VATS to save my butt in low framerate fights. So I upgraded.

It all depends on what you consider playable. Personally though, I've been waiting for Skyrim for ages, and I wasn't going to let my PC slowdowns break my immersion. Only spend half a grand anyways for the upgrade into a quadcore/1gb 6870/4gb ram machine. Right now unfortunately it's rather too powerful for Skyrim, I'm not used to the smooth framerates and I'm waiting for HQ texture mods and other enhancements :laugh: